06/16/20, 01:27 PM   #1
TagCdog
Set info, origin, use, and ratings

Hi addon authors!

I'm not sure if this is a niche idea or if it would be openly accepted and widely used. I have a hard time managing what to keep/trash/deconstruct on-the-spot. I think it would be an awesome idea to add extra item information to the item's tooltip or pop-up:
  • Zone(s) set item comes from: <Zone(s)>
  • Where set comes from: <Overland Drop>|<Monster/Dungeon/Trial/Arena Drop>|<Antiquity>|<Quest>|<Crafted>
  • Set is commonly used for: <Magicka>|<Stamina>, <PvP>|<PvE>, <DPS>|<Healer>|<Tank>|<Solo>
  • Arbitrary user rating for current patch: <1-10>

Obviously some of the features are wishful thinking and would need user input and api integration with a server. I would be happy with the first two bullets, but in the future how cool would it be if a site like https://eso-sets.com let people vote on the last two bullets and then integrate with an addon like the one suggested above!
06/16/20, 01:46 PM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Many of this data is already maintained via "LibSets" e.g. so you'd need to build an addon adding the tooltips for the setitems based on this info from my lib.
It's not up2date with all the drop locations and boss names etc. but at least it got some data and the type of the drop, like dungeon, overland etc.

But information like this is not worth the effort imo:
Set is commonly used for: <Magicka>|<Stamina>, <PvP>|<PvE>, <DPS>|<Healer>|<Tank>|<Solo>
You are easily able to see if it's +magicka or +stamina in the set boni or +magical crit or +weapon dmg +life and thus see at first glance where this set could/ should be used for

You can try my addon WishList. It includes a set search at the first tab, using this data of my lib.
You can search by set name, bonus, drop locations and other parameters. It will show you 1 item of the set then as tooltip if you move the mouse above the set name.
You are also able to add the items to your personal WishList (or the list of one of your other toons) to keep track of what you need, and it will inform you if you looted it.

Last edited by Baertram : 06/16/20 at 01:49 PM.
06/16/20, 02:55 PM   #3
TagCdog
Thanks for the info @Baertram!

I will look into LibSets and any possibilities it could open up. I plan on learning LUA eventually!

My reasoning for "commonly used for" is to be an at-a-glance planning tooltip to see what I should do with the item. Some items are known trash because they conflict their intended nature (unless there's a use I don't know about). A stamina set's inferno staff for example. Other times I didn't do my research and need to know in-the-moment if I need that trial item for one of my planned builds. It would be a quick tool to see if the item meets my planned needs or not.

Maybe (again wishful thinking) that idea is more like an import Alcast/Xynode/Dottz/Custom/etc... build into WishList type functionality.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » Set info, origin, use, and ratings