07/22/20, 12:43 PM   #1
nickrivers
Addons Yes, Libraries No

Hey all,

Let me preface this by saying I am a tech moron. So if you give me any leads, please use small words.

My problem is I believe I have downloaded the libraries to the correct spot as the addon are showing up in the character load screen. See attachments as I don't know how to get a URL for pictures.

[ATTACH]Click image for larger version

Name:	libraries.png
Views:	233
Size:	39.6 KB
ID:	1276[/ATTACH]

The reason I think this is an issue is that once I load a character it says it is missing the library dependencies. Please advise.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Load Screen.png
Views:	300
Size:	659.6 KB
ID:	1275  
07/22/20, 01:12 PM   #2
nickrivers
If this is my issue, can someone explain to me how ti figure out children and not children and what that may look like?

I fixed the issue. For some reason extracting the zip causes the folders to be nested. So the parent folder was the name and version of the library and the child folder was the actual library. Once i took out the child and made that folder the parent, everything started working.
07/22/20, 01:28 PM   #3
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Yeah, it's a known "zip extracting tool problem", or call it a feature.
If you use tools like WinZip or Winrar etc. they will create a new folder by the name of the zip archive if you "just extract" the files.
Either open teh zip and click the folder in there (the addon's/lib's folder) and only extract this to your live/AddOns folder,
or maybe use the addon manager Minion.

It will help you to download, extract and, what is important!, update your addons and libraries:
https://www.minion.gg/

For Minion related questions and problems please READ the minion troubleshooting thread BEFORE downloading it!
There are some infos in there like udownload the 32bit version even if you sue a 64bit operating system,
and infos about whitelisting minion and your live/addons folder in your antivirus tool/windows defender:
https://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8082
07/22/20, 02:25 PM   #4
nickrivers
Unfortunately that did not help. Will keep trying and open to any other suggestions.
07/22/20, 03:01 PM   #5
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by nickrivers View Post
Unfortunately that did not help. Will keep trying and open to any other suggestions.

I fixed the issue. For some reason extracting the zip causes the folders to be nested. So the parent folder was the name and version of the library and the child folder was the actual library. Once i took out the child and made that folder the parent, everything started working.

I thought you fixed it?

Check your antivirus tools and windows defender, maybe they block the access to the users/.../documents/elder scrolls online/ folder so that the file AddOnSettings.txt cannot be written properly.
You could also try to logout and delete that file in the users/.../documents/elder scrolls online/live/ folder
->Here is a description how you are able to find the "correct" folder:
https://www.esoui.com/forums/faq.php..._howto_install

Or if you are ingame press the screenshot keybind and at the upper right screen edge the path should be shown!

Or search with the windows file explorer for AddOnSettings.txt or UserSettings.txt, and the file with the most up2date date and time of change should be the correct folder where the game searches for your addons!

Sometimes it's not the c:/users/.../documents/elder scrolls online/live/ but some other folder.

Oh and if you use OneDrive by Microsoft, disable it! Or at least remove the users folder from it.
You can find very muich threads and info about OneDrive and ESO in the official eso forums e.g.
07/22/20, 09:35 PM   #6
nickrivers
I figured it out. Thanks for all the help! I am up and running.

Last edited by nickrivers : 07/23/20 at 07:02 AM.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » Addons Yes, Libraries No