09/17/20, 12:50 PM   #1
Tardek
Event for opend digged treasure

Hi there does anyone of you know if there is any special EVENT i could register on for digging a treasure map.

I knot than i can listen on the inventory with a filter when a treasure map get removed.
And after this checking the next loot i open. But here is my problem i dont found the correct source information.

So if someone could tell me if there is a event for digging treasure. i didnt found any ....
or if someone could tell me how to check if the current lootwindow is related to a digged treasure, i would be so thankful about this.
09/17/20, 01:37 PM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Afaik there is not such an event or easy method as it's just the normal loot.
You can maybe check the current name below the crosshair/reticle every 500milliseconds via RegisterForUpdate at the EVENT_MANAGER, starting at the time you have used a treasure map from your inventrory (but users must not use the map to dig for it so this would not always be the case!).
If the name is some treasure chest and the loot window opens afterwards you'd kind of know you are looting a treasure.

Maybe there is a better way but afaik there is no API function or similar.
Hint:
The BeamMeUp addon provides some treasure map checks and survey checks. It is somehow able to detect that you have looted the survey materials from the overland and if you got the same survey in your inventory again (so it must somehow know you currently ARE at the survey location AND are finihed with looting all of them) it will warn you with an onscreen message that you should leave the area and return to do the same survey loot again.
Maybe this code can help you for the treasure maps but I do not know how and where it was implemented in detail, sorry.
09/17/20, 03:06 PM   #3
Sharlikran

Originally Posted by Tardek View Post
Hi there does anyone of you know if there is any special EVENT i could register on for digging a treasure map.

I knot than i can listen on the inventory with a filter when a treasure map get removed.
And after this checking the next loot i open. But here is my problem i dont found the correct source information.

So if someone could tell me if there is a event for digging treasure. i didnt found any ....
or if someone could tell me how to check if the current lootwindow is related to a digged treasure, i would be so thankful about this.
Well sorry I didn't see the part about the treasure map.

Last edited by Sharlikran : 09/18/20 at 09:05 PM.
09/18/20, 03:55 AM   #4
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Originally Posted by Sharlikran View Post
What is your goal there is already a mod to track dig sites like Harvest map does.
HarvestMap is more about non-treasures (chests e.g.) and other addons like Lost Treasure are treasure map related. But both only use hardcoded collected coordinates at the maps to identify "the locations".
I guess the use case here would be something like "treasure location has been found already and is currently looted", that's why any event was asked for.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » Event for opend digged treasure