08/25/15, 04:11 PM   #1
dopiate
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
This is important for everyone.

I know it's off topic but this is the chit-chat forum.

Please sign the petition at change.org to stop MS for spying on all of us!

Why do you think they gave it away for free?

Need to protect yourself, the script here is great, http://www.strategicmind.net/

I have made it available for download as an easy text file. Just download, rename to .bat and right click "Run as Administrator".

You should also turn off forced hidden updates!
http://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonke...ced-updates/2/

After you run that, open powershell as admin and remove the BLOATWARE.

Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers -Name Microsoft.3DBuilder | Remove-AppxPackage
Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers -Name Microsoft.Getstarted | Remove-AppxPackage
Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers -Name Microsoft.MicrosoftOfficeHub | Remove-AppxPackage
Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers -Name Microsoft.MicrosoftSolitaireCollection | Remove-AppxPackage
Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers -Name Microsoft.SkypeApp | Remove-AppxPackage
Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers -Name Microsoft.WindowsMaps | Remove-AppxPackage
Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers -Name Microsoft.BingWeather | Remove-AppxPackage
Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers -Name Microsoft.Office.OneNote | Remove-AppxPackage
Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers -Name Microsoft.XboxApp | Remove-AppxPackage
Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers -Name Microsoft.ZuneMusic | Remove-AppxPackage
Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers -Name Microsoft.ZuneVideo | Remove-AppxPackage
Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers -Name Microsoft.BingSports | Remove-AppxPackage
Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers -Name Microsoft.BingNews | Remove-AppxPackage
Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers -Name Microsoft.WindowsPhone | Remove-AppxPackage
Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers -Name Microsoft.BingFinance | Remove-AppxPackage
Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers -Name Microsoft.WindowsSoundRecorder | Remove-AppxPackage
Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers -Name Microsoft.Windows.Photos | Remove-AppxPackage
Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers -Name Microsoft.WindowsCamera | Remove-AppxPackage
Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers -Name Microsoft.WindowsAlarms | Remove-AppxPackage
Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers -Name Microsoft.People | Remove-AppxPackage

Seriously it comes with Zune Software? Also don't use Photo's they go directly to OneDrive, unless you want MS to have all your photos without asking you.

Your privacy advocate!

-d

Last edited by dopiate : 09/15/15 at 09:58 AM. Reason: new link
08/26/15, 01:50 PM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
At least Win10 is able to DEACTIVATE the spy options. Older verisons were not even showing them and noone complained about it.
I don't say it is right and I don't support what MS did, but people who use Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and many other software got the same problems.

Thanks for the batch file, I'll send the info to my friends using Win10 already. I'll update in 1 year then as Service Pack 1 or 2 is out
08/26/15, 02:07 PM   #3
Wandamey
Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
I don't say it is right and I don't support what MS did, but people who use Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and many other software got the same problems.
lol the irony
you can't possibily complain after having agreed Facebook & cie TOS, can you?
08/26/15, 02:54 PM   #4
dopiate
Thanks for the batch file, I'll send the info to my friends using Win10 already. I'll update in 1 year then as Service Pack 1 or 2 is out
At my office we hooked it to it's own switch, turned on wire shark and watched the traffic the entire day.

It's clean man and it's stable. I even have the keys to turn of forced updates.

What you may not have noticed in the script is it updates your hosts file -- MS gets nothing

-d

Last edited by dopiate : 08/26/15 at 03:01 PM.
08/26/15, 03:01 PM   #5
dopiate
Originally Posted by Wandamey View Post
lol the irony
you can't possibily complain after having agreed Facebook & cie TOS, can you?
You selected the wrong person to say that to.

I work in security and I know the value of your personal data.

I have no social media whatsoever. I have Two-factor authentication on everything I log into and I am using Android Ice Cold Project on my cell, fully rooted and unlocked, with host file entries to prevent tracking. I use the app specific settings found in there so apps can not access any of my personal data.

I even have an encrypted Squid Proxy I use when I want to be extra sure no one can even sniff my traffic.

I can complain, I value my personal data. I don't give it away for companies to make money off of.

My life > 1 Instagram picture.

Some of us know better, some of us don't.

I wouldn't accept a Facebook, or Twitter or whatever TOS with a gun to my head.

You should consider what you agree to, I already have.

-d

Last edited by dopiate : 08/26/15 at 03:04 PM.
08/26/15, 03:18 PM   #6
Wandamey
I was just rethorical about Facebook, not about MS

4 billion people rushing to accept to be eraped, sold, resold, lose half of the property of what they produce and upload, just to be able to share their playlists and their summer photo album to the face of the world, creating their own Big Brother Peep Show, and they whine if their data are collected?

sorry if it makes me laugh in the end.

I've been refused jobs this year because no Facebook. I may be freaking more tired of all this than you, believe me.
08/26/15, 03:36 PM   #7
dopiate
Originally Posted by Wandamey View Post
I've been refused jobs this year because no Facebook. I may be freaking more tired of all this than you, believe me.
You still have a chance.

http://gizmodo.com/how-to-erase-your...net-1456270634

This window of opportunity is closing.

Google even has an "erase me policy"

-d
08/26/15, 03:41 PM   #8
Wandamey
huh, I don't need erasing. I'm already not there, and it seems that it makes me a hardheaded helpless pariah.
08/26/15, 03:43 PM   #9
QuadroTony
Banned
I hate Facebook (c) Mr. Robot
08/26/15, 03:50 PM   #10
Wandamey
yeah we gonna find a linux user to save the world here. They are super badass.
08/27/15, 01:29 PM   #11
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
You got me wrong Wandamey. Should have written the "/irony off" part behind it

You are totally right: Every reasonable person knows Facebook e.g. a total spy platform. Whoever uses it just walks the path of least resistance. "It is so comfortable", "All my friends are using it, how should I contact them on other ways?" /irony off.
Others seem to earn money using it, and other platforms (self prmotion). The same with WhatsApp and many other software.

So I totally like people that don't accept everything and who inform us other users, like dopiate did.
I just wanted to state that MS is giving some possiblities to the users, where others don't/won't since years.
Maybe MS is spying more in the backend then. That#s the part I do not know and was not able to check. As dopiate told us there is a huge network "shake hands" which will be turned off with this hosts file fix etc.

I don't use social media, and I don't like what each of the private data spy softwares are doing because I care about my data too. But I don't have the skills to protect me in all ways like I should be able to (root phones, change software, etc.). So I, and many other users are glad, if they get some build in switches
in the software which we are using -> And we are somehow forced to use the software sometimes, like at work etc. So we are not able to change it in all belongs (like using our own linux distr., or going back to old WinXP (which maybe spied as well)).

Neither MS, nor any other company should gain money for each user they spy.
They should pay the 1 cent for a single male, or 5 cents for a married female with a baby (some data a UK team "evaluated" somehow from public information that ppl spread everywhere...) they are able to earn each month to the ppl they spy from!

It's clean man and it's stable
Maybe. I only wanted to say that I can wait, and will wait, so there are some patches done, drivers chnaged and adopted, etc. I always did and had way less trouble then my co-workers/colleagues.

Sad to read this. I bet they checked your qualification before /irony off What a mad world we live in
08/27/15, 02:40 PM   #12
Wandamey
Sad to read this. I bet they checked your qualification before /irony off What a mad world we live in
actually for one it was my fault. For a City Hall (were employees are supposed NOT to share their private life in public btw), I may have passively made the room temperature 10°C lower when my potential boss told me that (thanks to forcing Citizen to sign in on Facebook to participate to democratie), "they made the BUZZ" with the Charlie Hebdo Assassinations.

and another because the guy was trying some sorts of privates jokes, speaking of things out of nowhere, i understood after googling my name, got some homonymes out there. I may have looked completely stupid all the interview.

back on topic, spying or not they'll make money out of nothing just because they can make tools to spy. it generates as much as if they did actually spy.
Referencing through Facebook as a Professional need? it makes no sense, it's like drugs and bike races : you don't do it, you got no chance? You do it, the info provided is faked. And people do it, because "it is the way it is". Nope it's the way we made it by being irresponsible jerks.
08/27/15, 02:43 PM   #13
QuadroTony
Banned
why people seeking for a real job, when they can make money from nothing, so many possibilities if you have a PC and an internet
08/27/15, 02:44 PM   #14
Wandamey
not everybody is a scammer
08/27/15, 02:44 PM   #15
QuadroTony
Banned
who told this
i made 2k greens per month when RMAH in d3 was open
08/27/15, 02:49 PM   #16
Wandamey
I'm glad that you're sick enough to live with yourself. Good for you.
There are still people who ain't sociopaths out there.

probably sociophobic because of people like you, but that is very different.
08/27/15, 02:51 PM   #17
QuadroTony
Banned
at least sociopaths don't happen pretentious small screws of system
09/15/15, 02:43 AM   #18
sirinsidiator

Thanks for this!
After reading this I decided to try it on my laptop and your post helped me shutting down some of this useless crap that is enabled by default.
09/15/15, 08:04 AM   #19
Balver

I don't understand what M$ tries to do, it seems that the shove Win 10 down everyones throat if the want or not, but a soon as you change a piece of internal Hardware (like I did with my CPU) Win 10 immediately deactivates itself and you are not able to reactivate it again unless you buy a new license.
As soon as my M.2 SSD arrives I'm going back to Win 7 and I really wonder if they try to make me update again.
09/15/15, 08:44 AM   #20
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
I bet Win7 will find the same fate as WinXP soon :-)

ESOUI » General Discussion » Chit-Chat » This is important for everyone.