03/26/16, 10:06 AM   #1
prasoc

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Gamepad's right-hand "keybind" strip?

Hi all,
I am trying to add some information to the bottom keybind strip (on the right), but I can't seem to locate the code or which controller I need to add to.

Here is what I'm talking about, where it says "Guild: Name" on the right. It isn't attached to KEYBIND_STRIP which is really confusing!

Thanks,
prasoc
03/26/16, 10:46 AM   #2
Ayantir

For your object, it is ZO_GUILD_NAME_FOOTER_FRAGMENT (for trading guild window).

There is also GAMEPAD_GENERIC_FOOTER which works for others panels, and others panels which use their own object like in trading house.

And yes it can overlap with the keybind_strip, i got this problem in roomba while in gamepad mode.
03/26/16, 02:53 PM   #3
prasoc

Thanks for that, Ayantir I'm surprised that it's a separate fragment to the keybind strip entirely: that's unexpected - I thought they would have put them into the same controller or use some of the same logic to display both
03/26/16, 03:15 PM   #4
Ayantir

As its names says, the Keybind Bind a Key. If the entry don't bind a key, it's not a keybind.

So it's just a little positionning hack.
03/26/16, 04:43 PM   #5
prasoc

It's just a positioned <Control>, that makes perfect sense! A further question, how would I draw it above the background layer? I've tried setting: level="120" tier="2" layer="1" topmost="true" /> on the control AND label, but it's still below the background :/ any tips?

edit: Solved it! I had to make it a TopLevelControl and create a new fragment to attach to the scene

Last edited by prasoc : 03/26/16 at 04:53 PM.

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » Gamepad's right-hand "keybind" strip?