03/01/20, 04:56 AM   #1
Hyperioxes

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Alchemy Tooltips translation needed

Hi, I'm adding multi language support to my addon Alchemy Tooltips and I need these strings translated to other languages (except of german and polish translations which I've already made myself).

Lua Code:
  1. local strings = {
  3.     AT_CheapestCombination = "Cheapest Combination: ",
  4.     AT_CraftingCost = "Crafting Cost: ",
  5.     AT_CantCraft = "This potion cannot be crafted, it can only be looted",
  6.     AT_SendHelp = "It appears I haven't added that potion/poison to addon's database yet. If you want to help, please mail one sample of this potion/poison to @Hyperioxes on PC EU. Attachment will be sent back after I write down potion/poison's ID",
  7. }

Last edited by Hyperioxes : 03/01/20 at 05:58 AM.
03/01/20, 05:40 AM   #2
sirinsidiator

Can't help you with the translations, but if it is ingame item names you want, why not store the item id and generate the label on addon load? That way you don't have to retranslate everything when they add new reagents, add a new language or change some label and it will automatically work with custom localization projects too.
All you need to do is build an item link from the id and then use GetItemLinkItemName and zo_strformat:
Lua Code:
  1. local itemId = 30148
  2. local link = ("|H0:item:%d:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0|h|h"):format(itemId)
  3. local name = zo_strformat("<<t:1>>", GetItemLinkName(link))
  4. d(name) -- "Blue Entoloma"
03/01/20, 05:57 AM   #3
Hyperioxes

Originally Posted by sirinsidiator View Post
Can't help you with the translations, but if it is ingame item names you want, why not store the item id and generate the label on addon load? That way you don't have to retranslate everything when they add new reagents, add a new language or change some label and it will automatically work with custom localization projects too.
All you need to do is build an item link from the id and then use GetItemLinkItemName and zo_strformat:
Lua Code:
  1. local itemId = 30148
  2. local link = ("|H0:item:%d:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0|h|h"):format(itemId)
  3. local name = zo_strformat("<<t:1>>", GetItemLinkName(link))
  4. d(name) -- "Blue Entoloma"
You're right it will work much better, thanks a lot for help!

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » Translation Help » Alchemy Tooltips translation needed