04/01/14, 09:31 PM   #1
Dio

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Tip - Found an asychronous timer function.

zo_callLater takes two arguments, in order: function, and delay in milliseconds. (LIke setTimeout in JavaScript)

Example:

Code:
/script zo_callLater(function() d("5 seconds have past!") end, 5000)
Stumbled upon this using /zgoo in the zo_Helper area.
04/02/14, 11:39 AM   #2
DewiMorgan

Is there a list of such functions on the wiki somewhere?
04/03/14, 12:59 PM   #3
ins
Great find
04/12/14, 10:03 AM   #4
Ouijan

Smile

Cheers Dude thats handy!
04/14/14, 07:13 AM   #5
ckaotik
Originally Posted by DewiMorgan View Post
Is there a list of such functions on the wiki somewhere?
I don't think there is a dedicated list for these (yet) but they can all be found in the global table
04/14/14, 11:46 AM   #6
Dio

If you're an addon developer, get zgoo. It's essential. Helper functions are under "zo_Helper" when you run /zgoo

Additionally, that globals wiki page is good. I cross-reference between the two constantly when developing.

Edit - while on the topic, what would be really useful is a wiki page of a globals dump that goes down 2 or 3 levels. e.g. If there is a table, expand the table down 2 or 3 levels.

I've tried to obtain this information recursively using "for x, y in pairs(_G)" but the "private function" errors are blocking.

Last edited by Dio : 04/14/14 at 11:52 AM.
04/14/14, 12:03 PM   #7
Errc
Originally Posted by Dio View Post
If you're an addon developer, get zgoo. It's essential. Helper functions are under "zo_Helper" when you run /zgoo

Additionally, that globals wiki page is good. I cross-reference between the two constantly when developing.

Edit - while on the topic, what would be really useful is a wiki page of a globals dump that goes down 2 or 3 levels. e.g. If there is a table, expand the table down 2 or 3 levels.

I've tried to obtain this information recursively using "for x, y in pairs(_G)" but the "private function" errors are blocking.
Look in Zgoo. There is a function in there that will allow you to iterate _G safely. I think it is safepairs and that is how we iterate it. Uses some trickery with pcalls and parsing the error messages to avoid the private/protected functions without error.
04/14/14, 12:07 PM   #8
Dio

Originally Posted by Errc View Post
Look in Zgoo. There is a function in there that will allow you to iterate _G safely. I think it is safepairs and that is how we iterate it. Uses some trickery with pcalls and parsing the error messages to avoid the private/protected functions without error.
Thanks, I'll try this when I get home. If I can extract all the information I may create a new Wiki page that has 2-3 levels deep of globals. I don't want to amend the current one because it is already really slow to load.
05/12/14, 03:58 AM   #9
Swizzy

** Ignore me **

Last edited by Swizzy : 05/12/14 at 04:06 AM.
05/12/14, 04:12 AM   #10
Harven

** ok, ignoring **

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » Tip - Found an asychronous timer function.