05/13/14, 04:53 PM   #1
lyravega
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Question Replacing an icon

I am trying to replace the quest offer icon. It is the third type in MapDisplayPinType, "MAP_PIN_TYPE_QUEST_OFFER".

I found the map container and pin data via Zgoo, however since this icon is not shown on map, there wasn't any relevant data there. I am able to change pretty much everything, but I had to "cheat" a little and use this function for the quest offer icon instead:

Code:
RedirectTexture("/esoui/art/compass/quest_available_icon.dds", "/esoui/art/guild/tabicon_roster_down.dds")
Then I realized that the markers above the characters are handled in a different way, and found out about this function:

Code:
SetFloatingMarkerInfo(type,size,filePath,filePath_sekonder,pulse,pulse_sekonder)
I managed to replace the marker successfully just once, however the same code never worked again, and I don't know why/how. So my questions are;

-Anyone know how to use "SetFloatingMarkerInfo()"? I believe type needs to be the type you want to "mod", size and filePath should be self explanatory. Secondary filePath, I have little to no clue, neither pulse stuff.
-Anyone know how I can affect this icon directly? Instead of using RedirectTexture, I can replace the other icons my manipulating the pin data, but this one is not there, so I am kinda clueless again.

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » Lua/XML Help » Replacing an icon