06/26/20, 01:26 PM   #1
Vowals
AddOn settings not showing up for most of my addons

Hey everyone, so a few days ago I logged in and only around 6 of my addons show up in the addon settings. I have a lot of addons that I use and I don't know what could be causing it. Could anyone walk me through some troubleshooting or any known fixes? Also most of the addons still work, its just i can't change settings for them in game.

Last edited by Vowals : 06/26/20 at 01:28 PM.
06/26/20, 01:58 PM   #2
Micke2nd
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Lightbulb

Are these addons loaded ? You can verify that in view "add-ons" (not settings/add-ons)
If not, presumably checkbox "Allow add-ons of other client versions" is disabled.
06/26/20, 02:10 PM   #3
Vowals
Originally Posted by Micke2nd View Post
Are these addons loaded ? You can verify that in view "add-ons" (not settings/add-ons)
If not, presumably checkbox "Allow add-ons of other client versions" is disabled.
Yes, they are all loaded and also most of them still work, it's just that I can't see them in the addon settings to change settings and stuff
06/26/20, 02:15 PM   #4
Vowals
Originally Posted by Micke2nd View Post
Ok so i just unchecked allow out of date addons and i see a lot more settings for a lot of the stuff i wasnt seeing before but the problem is almost all my addons are broken now ahahah
After using that setting:

UI:
Settings:

Before disabling out of date addons:
UI:
Settings:
06/27/20, 12:02 AM   #5
Micke2nd
Only one or a few of them make that trouble. Find out which one and disable it.
Follow the track in the exceptions.
06/27/20, 05:01 AM   #6
sirinsidiator

Originally Posted by Vowals View Post
Could anyone walk me through some troubleshooting or any known fixes? Also most of the addons still work, its just i can't change settings for them in game.
Baertram recently spent some time updating his troubleshooting guide, so you may want to take a look at that.
Without more information, my crystal ball tells me it's likely because LibAddonMenu no longer provides LibStub and you are using some addons that haven't been updated yet. Try to install LibStub separately and see if it changes anything.
06/28/20, 09:48 AM   #7
Sharlikran

Originally Posted by Vowals View Post
Ok so i just unchecked allow out of date addons and i see a lot more settings for a lot of the stuff i wasnt seeing before but the problem is almost all my addons are broken now ahahah
Most mod authors understand that users don't want to be programmers. I can sympathize with that for sure. On my desktop PC I can't see your screen shots even after I expand their size because of the ESOUI site. However, after a few tries to see the error, I noticed it was with a mod named Tinydog's Crafting Calculator.

Just a quick download of that and I notice it has revision 26 of LibAddonMenu. Most mods require a higher version of that and LibAddonMenu is on revision 31. So in short what I suggest it to use Minion and update or reinstall ALL your mods. Read the description page for all your mods and make sure you installed all the libraries required for each mod.

In the above screen shot I am trying to show that you need to have all the libraries checked. You don't uncheck these to see what is broken. Even if you can that's complicated to explain and you need to understand more then just a few basic things in my opinion.

In the above screen shot I have all the mods I am using checked. Note: Libraries are NOT Addons or mods! Pay close attention to that in the screen shots!

You want to uncheck all of your mods and activate one at a time. Reload the UI each time you activate a mod. Know whether or not your mod even has an Addon menu before you activate it. It's important to know what you mods do and whether or not they provide a menu in the first place.

As you activate mods, if your menus are disabled or disappear then as it mentions in the screen shot you need to uninstall the mod and stop using it whether or not you like using the mod.

Unless you become a programmer overnight and can fix up the mods you use then the author has to do it. They should remove both LibStub and all embedded libraries. If they don't thugs like this will happen.

Optional

If you need your Addons UI to look like mine then ironically, you need a mod for that. Circonians Addon Selector.

Last edited by Sharlikran : 06/28/20 at 10:01 AM.
06/28/20, 10:34 AM   #8
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Optional 2:
If you want to have the "needed dependencies" (libraries) automatically enabled for your addons, as you enable the addon, you might install
Votans Addon List

Attention: it will NOT download the dependencies! It will just enable them in the ingame addon manager (if youa re ingame already, not possible to do so at the character seleciton screen as ALL addons are forbidden to work there!) Sharlikran has shown you above with the screenshots.

You still need to instal lthe libraries as standalone version e.g. (like an addon, via Minion) once to be able to enable them ingame.
AND ALWAYS MAKE SURE TO LOGOUT BEFORE INSTALLING/UPDATING ADDONS/LIBRARIES, please!
There mustn't be any problem if you are logged in but there have been several already. In order to minimize the risk just log out before updating any addon or library -> e.g. do not use Minion's auto update in the background if you are playing. Might work for 75% cases but will break 25% (as example) and it's hard to find the problem then.

Last edited by Baertram : 06/28/20 at 10:36 AM.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » AddOn settings not showing up for most of my addons