11/09/23, 02:19 PM   #21
iccohen
Confirming

I read about OneDrive issues (from your site I believe), but is this referring to the OneDrive for storing items in the cloud, or the local computer OneDrive? (BTW thanks Microsoft for the utter confusion). Because it is on the local one.

When I took the screenshot from within ESO I confirmed that the path is c:\users\XXXXX\OneDrive\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\AddOns, and confirmed that all AddOns & Libraries are stored there (see enclosed screenshot).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AddOns-Libs.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	99.5 KB
ID:	1640  
11/09/23, 04:33 PM   #22
Sharlikran

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I can't guarantee that things are working properly because your first Log file had a timestamp from 11-07 18:16 until 11-08 08:30. Your second Log file has timestamps continuing from 11-08 8:43 up until 11-08 08:31 and you still have errors for Addons on lines that can't have an error like the one for MM on line 325. I mentioned line 325 is the word "end" so you have issues that need resolved.

I don't have Windows 10 or 11 so I can't guarantee that this is complete or step by step but see if my hacked together instructions can get you to disable OneDrive from backing up your Documents folder. There is at least a screenshot of what it should look like when you properly toggled that feature off and Windows is no longer trying to backup the Documents folder.

If you can get that to happen then in Minion you should set Minion to write to C:\Users\[your user name]\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\AddOns and then go from there. Because of how OneDrive works once it is disabled, double check BugEater is uninstalled by manually deleting the folder prior to opening Minion. Make sure it's not there.

Last edited by Sharlikran : 11/09/23 at 04:40 PM.
11/10/23, 10:22 AM   #23
iccohen
Good Times

I followed your advice and removed the AddOns from OneDrive. There are a couple of steps you should add to your list (I know you don't have it cos you're on a Mac).

1. Copy the AddOns folder (Copy instead of Cut in case something happens while you're doing these steps)
2. Go to the location where you want to place the AddOns folder (e.g. C:\Users\<your name>\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live.
3. Paste the AddOns folder inside the live folder.
4. Now disable OneDrive for the Documents folder. If you disable OneDriveto starts, you won't be able to retrieve any files and/or folders that are stored in the cloud.
5. Open Minion and select the Options button.
6. Click the folder icon and point to the new AddOns path from step 2.
7. Open ESO and once in the game select AddOns from the main menu to ensure all AddOns & Dependents are seen by ESO.

When I did the above and then used Sid's site, I still saw a couple of issues (see https://sir.insidi.at/or/logviewer/lNXuYL) but certainly not as many as before. It shows a LibMediaProvider-1.0" is missing (reason: outdated) message even though I confirmed it is there and even re-installed it in Minion.

Progress!!!
11/10/23, 06:17 PM   #24
Sharlikran

Originally Posted by iccohen View Post
I followed your advice and removed the AddOns from OneDrive. There are a couple of steps you should add to your list (I know you don't have it cos you're on a Mac).
Incorrect, I said I don't have Windows 10 or 11, not that I have a mac.
11/10/23, 06:18 PM   #25
Sharlikran

So the reason you are having errors now is because something is really messed up with your install. You say you are using Minion but the folders for some of the mods are /AddOns/LibMapPing_2_0_0/LibMapPing/ which Minion would not do that. Normally that only happens with someone manually installed the mod.

So you issue is that most of your mods are installed to: /AddOns/LibMapPing_2_0_0/LibMapPing/, or in other words /AddOns/[Name Of Zip File]/[Addon Folder]/

What are you doing? I mean, just disabling OneDrive won't cause that. Don't manually install mods and create parent folders with the name of the zip file. Don't put backups of mods in the Addons folder. Don't put zip files in the addons folder.

You have so many installed so wrong I'd say manually delete the contents of the Addons folder and start over. Make sure you use Minion because those installs are so broken the way they are done.

Also to clarify, I'm not trying to be insulting. It started with a link to the log file. Then disable OneDrive and use Minion to update or install mods. Each step through, has an odd and creative way of getting out of hand.

Last edited by Sharlikran : 11/13/23 at 04:44 AM.
11/11/23, 01:44 AM   #26
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Originally Posted by iccohen View Post
I read about OneDrive issues (from your site I believe), but is this referring to the OneDrive for storing items in the cloud, or the local computer OneDrive? (BTW thanks Microsoft for the utter confusion). Because it is on the local one.
One does not exist without the other!
OneDrive is a cloud storage and local files just get copied into the cloud drive, or cloud files get referenced to your local disk (and copied to the disk upon first usage then).
The problem is that some tools and software that uses the c:/users/documents folder access cannot work properly if at the same time a tool like OneDrive blocks access to the folders/subfolders. Because ESO and/or Minion need the access to the same folders it often comes to potholes that way.
11/22/23, 08:41 AM   #27
iccohen
So I've cleaned up the AddOns, and now I'm down to these errors. These occur when I right-click an item to view in Bonanza. Note that I have ensured all AddOns are up to date, named correctly, and are in the proper folder.

In a previous message I was asked why I manaully installed some AddOns; because I did not know about Minion at that time. Once I discovered it, I used it going forward for my installs.

Sid's link - https://sir.insidi.at/or/logviewer/pj00cs.

Thanks again in advance for your help.
11/22/23, 08:25 PM   #28
Sharlikran

You still have mods in /AddOns/[Name of Zip]/[Mod Folder]/ instead of /AddOns/[Mod Folder]/

In addition to that you still have an error on the line "end" which is incorrect. So while you think you have the current version you can't possibly have the current version. The line number is stupid to have an error on that line.

Take a screen shot quickly more than once and then the path to the screenshots folder will appear in the upper corner. Post a copy of that screenshot please.
11/22/23, 09:36 PM   #29
iccohen
I went through each folder in AddOns and corrected the paths for each so none reflect the zip file folder name in the paths. When I tested again in game, I received no errors and the Bonanza window popped up (no results displayed but the item I right-clicked displayed).

Enclosed is the screenshot "screenshot" with the path.

Thanks again for your help on this.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20231122_223223.png
Views:	323
Size:	1.83 MB
ID:	1647  
11/22/23, 10:44 PM   #30
Sharlikran

Okay delete the screen shot. Thank you.

I went through each folder in AddOns and corrected the paths for each so none reflect the zip file folder name in the paths. When I tested again in game, I received no errors and the Bonanza window popped up
That is still weird that having incorrect parent folders caused such an issue.

Remember the Bonanza cache is 24 hours because the item may have sold. When you right click it will only show items you have seen at kiosks you have visited. Then you can use Beam Me Up to port to the zone for the item and then travel to the city to buy the items, if it's still there.
11/23/23, 02:55 AM   #31
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Originally Posted by Sharlikran View Post

That is still weird that having incorrect parent folders caused such an issue.
Yep, normally if the path is something like
/AddOns/[Name of Zip]/[Mod Folder]/
instead of /AddOns/[Mod Folder]/
the txt file in the [Mod Folder] will still be read (if it's not > 3 subfolder depth, starting at live/AddOns/ folder).
All code lines should be executed properly then.

But: If in your addon .dds textures are loaded from the mod folder or any subfolders of the mod need to be loaded, like libraries etc.
it could fail then as the subfolder depth get's too high.

Though you are right: The errors should popup with nil error cuz code is unknown, or similar.
And it should not show any error in a line where the most current version of the mod got no lines of code, or where there shows error with index
nil error in line 24 but in line 24 is no table etc.
-> This normally shows that the mod version is not the proper last one and the mod needs to be updated

(e.g. manually, just to make sure all files are the most current one: Delete the live/AddOns/[Mod folder] completely then and re download the most current version from www.esoui.com, then extarct the zip file and ONLY take the contents of the extracted zip file starting with the folder with name [Mod folder] -> Put that into live/AddOns. Repeat for the needed dependencies/libraries.)

So glad it works now but if the error message says something that cannot be your versions are most probably still not all up2date and/or there happens errors with the zip extracted subfolders that I did not know yet

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » Bonanza Errors