05/20/19, 09:28 AM   #1
mercury_1967
Many Addons not working after Elsweyr install

I just want to check to see if this is an issue unique to me or if others are having problems.

After installing the Elsweyr update this morning, many of my addons are red and have Dependency in the third column.

Minion updated three Addons, but others are still having issues. I'm hoping it's just a matter of mod authors catching up with the Elsweyr changes.

Mods affected:
  • Azurah
  • Craft Store
  • Destinations
  • Dungeon Tracker
  • Lore Books
  • Quest Map 1.9
  • Research Assistant
05/20/19, 09:33 AM   #2
Rhyono
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
It's almost like this was a version-incrementing update.
05/20/19, 10:17 AM   #3
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
The dependencies were always there. You need to check which ones they are and install them (like a library Lib..) via Minion as well to make this addon work.

You can use Votans Addon List to help you activate dependencies automatically if you click an addon (and you own the dependent addon/library).

And for addons not working: Just wait. Takes some time. Devs want to play too
05/20/19, 11:26 AM   #4
Pyr0xyrecuprotite
I assume that you are a new player; this is a "normal" issue after any major update.
The first step is to press Escape, click on Addons, and enable the checkbox for "allow out of date addons". In many cases the old version of addons will work fine, but the game by default will not allow you to use addons that use an old API version, in case they cause problems.
Also use Minion to update as many addons as possible. Check any the ESOUI.com page for any other addons that are still out of date to see if there are any workarounds or alternative ways of updating those remaining addons.
If you still have lua error messages and/or problems with addons not working, disable the individual addons that appear to be causing the problem, until such time as the author has updated the addon.
05/20/19, 05:40 PM   #5
WebbyGaming
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by Rhyono View Post
It's almost like this was a version-incrementing update.
No reason to be a sarcastic ass. Not everyone knows how the version numbers work on add-ons.
05/20/19, 07:46 PM   #6
Rhyono
Ignorance is not a proper defense for ignorance. If I don't know something, I research it. I'm going to only use the information that he had already presented in his post to figure this out:

The game is "eso" he mentioned his "addons" are "red" and say "dependency"

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=eso+red+addons+dependency

First result: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.co...ns-not-working

So this one explains having to change the version number, but if you don't know the version number, it's not really enough to go on.

Second result: https://www.reddit.com/r/elderscroll...endencies_for/

This one explains plenty to figure out the problem.
05/21/19, 12:52 PM   #7
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Yeah, and all the info collected and presented here again ends in the simple fact that the users should simply "use the search and read"
instead of
"posting the same questions again and again"
(which basically takes the same time as the results will be sarcastic answers ).

But still ppl are just going to post and ask and let others do their job.
So don't blame the ones trying to help if they just point out what was obvious
05/21/19, 06:59 PM   #8
DGH
Auto recharge

Auto recharge is also not working.

According to the game, Auto recharge is "Out of Date"
05/21/19, 10:35 PM   #9
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Originally Posted by DGH View Post
Auto recharge is also not working.

According to the game, Auto recharge is "Out of Date"
1st: Please post to the addon comments directly so the author or maintainer can find the information easily.
2nd: Out of date does not mean it is not working. Are you sure it is not working? Did you test it and is there anything what does not do what it should do?
If not, just enable the checkbox "Allow out of date addons" or "Allow addons with another version" at the top right corner of the ingame addon manager and "play"....
-> AND AGAIN such a post without searching
This was mentioned up and down this and other forums about 10000 times now. You'd only need to search for out of date e.g.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » Many Addons not working after Elsweyr install