Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
11/03/15, 04:25 PM   #1
Mrtoobyy
Console/gamepad UI

Hello.

I've been waiting for controller support since the release in 2014. I bought the game for Xbox one when it came out just to see the difference of playing with a real controller support vs a third party.

I love to play with my Xbox one controller, love the smooth walking/running/vibration etc. The only thing is the UI. Like in Diablo 3 or with Skyrims SkyUI mod it's really fun to go through all your loot and see what you've gotten. But with ESO I feel that it's really messy to navigate through categories. And if I accidentally loot something, the process of going in and destroy/drop is bad if u ask me. If you've played Skyrim with SkyUI you probably know how much easier it is there to use your inventory.

Now that it finally has arrived to PC I HOPE some awesome people could tweak it?

List of my "wishes" for the controller UI.

1. HORIZONTAL LAYOUT of the inventory, something like this Click image for larger version

Name:	SkyUI.jpg
Views:	3321
Size:	387.1 KB
ID:	640
For example if you're selling stuff in one category you'd have to scroll DOWN to that category. Pressing RB/LB to navigate vertically to a category would be much easier.

2. A NEW THEME. Something else than a black and white square? Maybe some "old scroll" look like Oblivion had?Click image for larger version

Name:	Oblivion UI.jpg
Views:	1826
Size:	178.0 KB
ID:	641

3. CURRENCY ICONS. Why on earth make them all grey/white? Why not keep the Gold "gold", Alliance points "Green" and Tel var stones "Blue".

4. COMPASS AND HEALTH BARS. The console versions just look thin, flat and boring. Why can't they stay the same whether you play with a gamepad or not?

5. INVENTORY WINDOW SIZE? There is a lot of plain black covering most of the screen. It would be great if you could just trim them a little bit so you don't feel that "boxed in" as you do.
Click image for larger version

Name:	Console inventory.jpg
Views:	5171
Size:	245.9 KB
ID:	642

I don't know if any of this is possible. BUT IF it is and someone would be up to the task I would gladly pay for your work and help you out as much as you can.
I mean one of the funniest things with RPG:s is collecting and finding new items for your character. And going in to the inventory should be something you love to do.

I will contact Bethesda regarding these requests as well, hopefully I will atleast get an answer.

Thanks/ Mrtoobyy

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » Console/gamepad UI