05/06/14, 10:52 AM   #1
ZunaSW
Any way to know a game texture's dimension?

Hi! Sorry my english.
I wanted to know if there is a way to know the dimensions of one of the textures in the game, especially the ones of the UI. I know there is a list of the textures in the game and I thank it, it helped me a lot, but it doesn't say the dimensions of them.
Can I get the dimensions with the Zgoo addon? Or is there another way to get them?
Thank you!
05/06/14, 04:22 PM   #2
Garkin

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by ZunaSW View Post
Hi! Sorry my english.
I wanted to know if there is a way to know the dimensions of one of the textures in the game, especially the ones of the UI. I know there is a list of the textures in the game and I thank it, it helped me a lot, but it doesn't say the dimensions of them.
Can I get the dimensions with the Zgoo addon? Or is there another way to get them?
Thank you!
Usually it is just textureControl:GetDimensions(), but if you do not know exact name, its better to use Zgoo.
Move mouse cursor over the object you want to inspect and type /zgoo mouse. It will show you all available methods for that object. Find GetDimensions() and click on ":" next to it. It will show you width and height of that object.

Last edited by Garkin : 05/06/14 at 04:25 PM.
05/06/14, 06:31 PM   #3
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
That would give you the dimensions of the control, not the actual texture file that the control is displaying. afaik, there is no such way.
05/06/14, 06:43 PM   #4
Stormknight

Which textures specifically do you want to know? I have converted a bunch of them to PNG files so I know these ones.
05/07/14, 06:23 AM   #5
ZunaSW
Oh, Zgoo helped me, but it says 1985 (a lot of numbers here), 1488 (a lot of numbers here), I think that is not the dimension of the texture, because I think it is not a valid dimension for a dds file, or I am wrong?

I wanted to know the dimensions of the health, stamina and magicka frames (I know there are three frames, center, left and right) textures. Also the compass three frames too (center, left and right). If I'm not wrong, each frame has a different texture.

Thank you!

EDIT: I'm watching the icons in the Image Viewer of Wykkyd Framework, I give you the .dds path of those I think the texture I'm looking for, but maybe they are not all of them, I can't find the diferent frames.

- /esoui/art/unitattributevisualizer/attributebar_small_frame.dds
- /esoui/art/unitframes/target_health_frame.dds

Last edited by ZunaSW : 05/07/14 at 08:01 AM.
05/07/14, 08:56 AM   #6
Iyanga
It should be kinda easy to solve this.

Make a Control with a Texture Control within.
Set the Dimensions to 1x1.
Set SetResizeToFitFile and SetResizeToFitDescendents to true, load the texture and get the new dimensions.

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » Graphics Help » Any way to know a game texture's dimension?