MapleClover
Question Identification help needed D:

I need a little help identifying the addon spamming my chat with these:

08/28/23, 02:37 AM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
A list of your addons enabled as this happens would definately help.

Hint: Enable LibDebugLogger, and install DebugLogViewer.
At the settings menu of DebugLogViewer, subsettings of LibDebugLogger, enable the stack traceback.
Then generate these messages and have a look at the debug log viewer ui.
If you only see the small UI at the bttom right: Click on the top right gear icon and choose "Swith viewer UI" and you will see the big UI window.
There you can click such a message that you want to know where it comes from and you will see the "stack tarceback" in a popup.
That stack traceback shows you from bottom to top what code was executed, and thus you can see at the folder and filenames which addons have started that chat output or where it came from.

Or:
Use a free editor like Notepad++ and at the search menu choose "Search folders and files".
Specify the folder as you live/AddOns folder and search *.lua and *.xml files as pattern.
Then enter the search term as some text of the mesasge you see in chat, e.g. "Progess: " (as this seems to be fixed and the rest is itemnames).

That way Notepad++ scans all files and folders for that string and might help you to find it too.
08/28/23, 10:51 AM   #3
NeuroticPixels
Addon Addict

Premium Member
It's "Achievement Info".
https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info...ementInfo.html

You need to go in its settings and turn off "show every update" and change "notification steps" to something like 5, 10, 15, or 20. Or even higher. But much higher kind of makes the addon useless. lol
08/28/23, 03:03 PM   #4
MapleClover
Originally Posted by Baertram View Post

At the settings menu of DebugLogViewer, subsettings of LibDebugLogger, enable the stack traceback.
If you only see the small UI at the bttom right: Click on the top right gear icon and choose "Swith viewer UI" and you will see the big UI window.
There you can click such a message that you want to know where it comes from and you will see the "stack tarceback" in a popup.
That stack traceback shows you from bottom to top what code was executed, and thus you can see at the folder and filenames which addons have started that chat output or where it came from.

Or:
Use a free editor like Notepad++ and at the search menu choose "Search folders and files".
Specify the folder as you live/AddOns folder and search *.lua and *.xml files as pattern.
Then enter the search term as some text of the mesasge you see in chat, e.g. "Progess: " (as this seems to be fixed and the rest is itemnames).

That way Notepad++ scans all files and folders for that string and might help you to find it too.
The list off addons will be long but DebugLog isnt showing anything for it and np++ searching "progress" or the like for all file types also returns 1 result, not the right one D:

Addons:

Libs:
08/29/23, 02:59 AM   #5
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
As this are achievments try to disable Achievement related addons like the Pithka Achievememt tracker.
Or check it settings!

btw: Once DebugLogViewer is enabled it should show all chat mesages of addons too?
Not sure why it doesn't for you.
Check the settings of DebugLogViewer -> LibDebugLogger -> Enable stack tarceback and switch the tracked level to e.g. Debug.
Clear the log via the buttons there.
Reloadui.

Then have the messages show up again, they should not be in the chat anymore but in DebugLogViewer now.
Click one of the messages and see (from bottom to top) where it comes from.

e.g. copy the whole text of that opup showing the stack trace here, so we can see and help find the addon name, if you cannot see it.
Or even better:

If DebugLogViewer shows the message, do the following:
-Note date and time it happens!
-ReloadUI to save all proper to live/SavedVariables/LibDebugLogger.lua
-Upload live/SavedVariables/LibDebugLogger.lua here: https://sir.insidi.at/or/logviewer/ (drag & drop, then click top right share and send us the link created here!)
-Tell us date and time the mesage happened so we can have a look at the debuglog file ourselves

More information about lua error message reading (stack traceback), LibDebugLogger file sharing, can be found here:
https://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8858
-> lua error messages ingame - How do I read them?
-> How to report a lua error message/a bug to the developers

Last edited by Baertram : 08/29/23 at 03:05 AM.
08/29/23, 06:48 AM   #6
MapleClover

Or:

As this are achievments try to disable Achievement related addons like the Pithka Achievememt tracker.
Or check it settings!

btw: Once DebugLogViewer is enabled it should show all chat mesages of addons too?
Not sure why it doesn't for you.
Check the settings of DebugLogViewer -> LibDebugLogger -> Enable stack tarceback and switch the tracked level to e.g. Debug.
Clear the log via the buttons there.
Reloadui.

Then have the messages show up again, they should not be in the chat anymore but in DebugLogViewer now.
Click one of the messages and see (from bottom to top) where it comes from.

e.g. copy the whole text of that opup showing the stack trace here, so we can see and help find the addon name, if you cannot see it.
Or even better:

If DebugLogViewer shows the message, do the following:
-Note date and time it happens!
-ReloadUI to save all proper to live/SavedVariables/LibDebugLogger.lua
-Upload live/SavedVariables/LibDebugLogger.lua here: https://sir.insidi.at/or/logviewer/ (drag & drop, then click top right share and send us the link created here!)
-Tell us date and time the mesage happened so we can have a look at the debuglog file ourselves

More information about lua error message reading (stack traceback), LibDebugLogger file sharing, can be found here:
https://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8858
-> lua error messages ingame - How do I read them?
-> How to report a lua error message/a bug to the developers
I have loaded up the game, set to verbose logging, ensured stack traceback was on, cleared log, reloaded ui, caught a fish, filleted it then reloaded ui (for the Fish cleaner achievement to trigger in chat): https://sir.insidi.at/or/logviewer/L6k8Ie

[29-08-2023 - 13:36] but I missed the seconds .-.

going to also try disabling achievement related addons one by one to see if its one of those (though I don't remember them showing in chat like this before hand)
08/29/23, 08:18 AM   #7
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Setting it to verbose does nothing if you do not manually manipulate the addon files too, so debug level is enough

Sorry but your LibDebugLogger file does not contain any line with that info "Progress".
At 13:36 (it shows 14:36 at my timezone) there is nothing in there with that achievement text or any "progress"

But I also checked all the other lines above and below and cannot find it. Should be a yellow text as it is info, and no LDL explicit Debug output (addons explicitly using LDL to show debug messages) -> shows light blue.

Did you do the /reloadui after the chat showed that info so it was properly saved to the SavedVariables file on the disk, before uploading the file?
-> this often is an issue with sharing the correct version of the file as SVs only update the data on your disk/ssd if you relaod the UI/travel to a new zone or logout/quit the game properly.

If you did that and the chat shows the text but LibDebugLogger is missing it, I'm very puzzled hwo that other addon is writing the info to chat so that LDL does not catch it...
08/29/23, 09:30 AM   #8
MapleClover
Setting it to verbose does nothing if you do not manually manipulate the addon files too, so debug level is enough

Sorry but your LibDebugLogger file does not contain any line with that info "Progress".
At 13:36 (it shows 14:36 at my timezone) there is nothing in there with that achievement text or any "progress"

But I also checked all the other lines above and below and cannot find it. Should be a yellow text as it is info, and no LDL explicit Debug output (addons explicitly using LDL to show debug messages) -> shows light blue.

Did you do the /reloadui after the chat showed that info so it was properly saved to the SavedVariables file on the disk, before uploading the file?
-> this often is an issue with sharing the correct version of the file as SVs only update the data on your disk/ssd if you relaod the UI/travel to a new zone or logout/quit the game properly.

If you did that and the chat shows the text but LibDebugLogger is missing it, I'm very puzzled hwo that other addon is writing the info to chat so that LDL does not catch it...
I did a reload both after clearing the log then again after triggering the text to show. It also doesn't seem to be any of the ones I can find that track achievements .-.
08/29/23, 09:45 AM   #9
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
If notepad++ does not find the "progress" text I'm puzzled now, sorry.
08/29/23, 09:57 AM   #10
MapleClover
=== Solved ===

If notepad++ does not find the "progress" text I'm puzzled now, sorry.
I FOUND IT! I F'IN FOUND IT!

Absolutely NO idea why its in this one but its a feature of Loot Drop Reborn

LootDrop>Chat Options>Log Achievement Progress

This was rather hidden... I only found it by disabling addons 1 by 1... But yeah, that's where it is, you can change what chat tab it goes to or just turn it off, hopefully ill grow back all the hair I've pulled out during this xD and thank you very much for the help

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » Identification help needed D: