02/23/17, 10:05 PM   #1
Urist
Action Bar Hold-Switch

Hello. I've searched around a bit but can't find anything about this topic. I was told to ask here if it was possible.

By default, the bind for action bar swap is: push button = swap weapons, push button = swap weapons.

I'd like if I was able to make it: Hold button = swap weapons, release button = swap back.

I'd like to be able to bind swap to alt, so instead of doing things like 1234(swap bind)1234, I could do something like 1234, alt+1234. Hopefully I have explained well enough.
02/24/17, 01:39 AM   #2
sirinsidiator

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
That's not possible via addons. The weapon swap functions are locked away, so we cannot use them directly.
Maybe some day ZOS adds support to create bindings like in some FPS games where you can bind "+Alt" for key press and "-Alt" for release, but right now I don't think it is possible without using macros.
02/24/17, 03:13 AM   #3
Urist
welp. that's the answer i was expecting, unfortunately. thanks anyways. if they haven't added functionality like that so far, i doubt they ever will.

i'd rather not have to use a macro for it since they are a pain and always end up being wonky, but i guess i'll look into it.
02/26/17, 11:37 PM   #4
dorrino
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Can confirm what Sirinsidator said.

Before Homestead i found (and reported) a loophole that allowed to make custom actions with private functions, effectively making possible to bind weapon swap on both Alt+ and Alt- (among other much more exploity things). ZOS fixed that and now i don't see a way for that to work anymore.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » Action Bar Hold-Switch