02/10/20, 11:45 PM   #1
ensiferumviking
Saving Variables Locally Without SavedVars?

Is there something about the API that prevents us from just writing directly to local files?

I wanted to make a little addon to build up a csv file of a bunch of game data overtime (like a log file of certain in-game events), for personal use - not really planning on making something to distribute.

I guess the SavedVariables is the normal way to do this but a csv where i can just specify the filepath directly would be way more convenient for me. Not an option?
02/11/20, 01:13 AM   #2
Rhyono
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
You can only use saved vars and you can not force it to save them at a given time.
02/11/20, 07:14 PM   #3
ensiferumviking
Originally Posted by Rhyono View Post
You can only use saved vars and you can not force it to save them at a given time.
Thank you. I can see that would be an important limitation.
02/17/20, 02:41 PM   #4
ZOS_DanBatson
ZOS Staff!

Yes this person is from ZeniMax!
While not in a load screen, one addon's saved vars are saved every 3 minutes. Your addon can request to be bumped up the priority queue for the next save interval using RequestAddOnSavedVariablesPrioritySave("yourAddonName") once every 15 minutes. If your saved vars are greater than 50KB, it'll have to wait until the next load screen to save.

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » Tutorials & Other Helpful Info » Saving Variables Locally Without SavedVars?