06/01/19, 10:06 AM   #1
sirinsidiator

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
DebugLogViewer

Today I released the DebugLogViewer add-on. With it, you can filter and inspect logs recorder by LibDebugLogger.
You can read more about it in this announcement post on on my blog and the details on the linked add-ons.
06/01/19, 11:18 AM   #2
Vaddi
This tool is awesome. Thank you for building this. I have been using LibDebugLogger and this viewer is great.

I have one question. The viewer captures chat messages that are created using CHAT_SYSTEM:AddMessage. Can that be disabled so those messages still go to the chat window?

Thanks again
06/01/19, 01:32 PM   #3
Vaddi
Sorry; that was a poorly worded question. I'm not asking you to disable that feature.

Could you give us a setting to turn it on/off?
06/01/19, 05:35 PM   #4
sirinsidiator

I plan to add a setting for that in the future. It will allow you to select where you want to display the messages sent via d()/AddMessage() and also the ones sent via LibChatMessage. It was just a bit beyond the scope of this first release, since it will require additional code and I just wanted to get it out the door.

If you really don't want it to hide the messages from chat, you can remove line 74 in StartUp.lua (LDL:SetBlockChatOutputEnabled(true)). Then they will be shown in both chat and the quick log.
01/01/20, 12:41 PM   #5
Tar000un

Thanks for the addon, it's very usefull ! I add the same asking than Vaddi. x)

Additionnaly, I m a gnu/linux user and got a few errors with TIME_FORMAT. I saw the commits you did and I m happy about what you do on Wine but... It feels a bit overkill to recompile proton when you could just change the formating, no ?
I didnt want to recompile because I want the package manager able to update theses packages too.

Last edited by Tar000un : 01/03/20 at 11:45 AM.
01/02/20, 04:08 PM   #6
sirinsidiator

Just to clarify, I am not involved with the patch for wine (aside of giving someone a reason to make it). Credit goes entirely to chuck-r. He messaged me a while ago that it got merged, so it's only a matter of time until the official proton release supports the time formats.

I also hope you can understand that I am not going to go out of my way to change addon code to work around problems in components outside of the game on an OS that's not supported by it and only a tiny fraction of the player base uses. Especially when the most perfect solution for said problem already has been realized.
01/03/20, 11:44 AM   #7
Tar000un

My bad about Wine. I wasn't sure: guessing you were using an other nickname.

I agree with your last phrase, but the beginning is like "lets pretend gnu/linux does not exist".

Last edited by Tar000un : 01/03/20 at 12:14 PM.
01/03/20, 01:38 PM   #8
sirinsidiator

I don't mean that in an offensive way. It's just that according to the latest steam survey it may as well not exist in the context of gaming and I feel there are better ways to spend my limited time than trying to create workarounds for issues that affect only a handful of players, when even ZOS themselves actively refuse to deal with Linux issues (I've asked them before if they know a way to make os.date work on Linux).
01/04/20, 01:45 AM   #9
Tar000un

It's ok, I know people underestimate linux gaming.

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » Dev Tools » DebugLogViewer