07/28/15, 08:33 AM   #1
ZOS_ChipHilseberg
ZOS Staff!
Premium Member
Yes this person is from ZeniMax!
2.1 API Patch Notes

The new API notes have been posted http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com...change-log-pts. Please comment in this thread or on the official forums with any questions or concerns.
07/28/15, 09:58 AM   #2
Ayantir

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Well first thank you for posting here so often, it's a real pleasure.

Then after reading your patchnotes,

Combat and Effect API Changes
- Very good improvements for combat managment, dots and buffs, I hope we'll improve our way to play. maybe some new tricks will appear, I guess, we'll see.

Currency
- Nothing to do, was needed with new systems..

Display Names
- Ah, this ones sounds very good. I'll test it.

Event Filters
- Thank you, a lot of us are playing with unit tag player, reticleover or powertype health. it could help us to go faster ..

Guild
- 2 little functions very useful, thanks.

Label changes are also very interesting. and few events added will be also useful.

so thank you again, some change needed for you, and some changes you didn't need to do (?) but present, and they'll be useful for us. it's very enjoyable for my point of view.
07/28/15, 10:28 AM   #3
sirinsidiator

These changes make me very happy

I haven't looked into combat events too deeply, but I always wonder what the isError parameter is for? Maybe someone can enlighten me?

Does GetUnitDisplayName(unitTag) return the name for any player or just those in our friend list or guild roster?

EVENT_PLAYER_REINCARNATED - What is the difference between this and EVENT_PLAYER_ALIVE?
Does this refer to a player that we have resurrected with a soul gem?
Right now there is no indication when a player resurrection is pending. There is not even a clear difference between a successful resurrection and one where we stopped before it completed. Maybe something you could add in the future if this event is not what I hope for.

On another note, some updates ago there was an entry type in the guild activity log which told us when someone invited a player to a guild, but this was removed some time ago. Could you please bring this back or maybe add a field to the joined entries which tells us who invited a certain member? There is some interest in this feature so trading guilds can give players an incentive to invite new members.
07/28/15, 10:48 AM   #4
Fyrakin

Originally Posted by ZOS_ChipHilseberg View Post
•OnTextureLoaded which is fired when a texture control has loaded its file into memory.
Will it fire every time when new valid texture file is set by control:SetTexture("texture path")?
07/28/15, 11:39 AM   #5
ZOS_ChipHilseberg
ZOS Staff!
Premium Member
Originally Posted by sirinsidiator View Post
Does GetUnitDisplayName(unitTag) return the name for any player or just those in our friend list or guild roster?
Any player that you have a unit tag for.

EVENT_PLAYER_REINCARNATED - What is the difference between this and EVENT_PLAYER_ALIVE?
Reincarnated will be sent when the player transitions from ghost to a normal player after reviving. Alive should be sent in every case where the player transitions from dead to alive.

On another note, some updates ago there was an entry type in the guild activity log which told us when someone invited a player to a guild, but this was removed some time ago. Could you please bring this back or maybe add a field to the joined entries which tells us who invited a certain member? There is some interest in this feature so trading guilds can give players an incentive to invite new members.
I'll have to ask around about why that was pulled.
07/28/15, 11:46 AM   #6
ZOS_ChipHilseberg
ZOS Staff!
Premium Member
Originally Posted by Fyrakin View Post
Will it fire every time when new valid texture file is set by control:SetTexture("texture path")?
It will fire whenever a loaded texture becomes available on the control. Either when SetTexture is called if the texture is different and it is already in memory, or it will fire later when the texture is loaded into memory from file.
07/28/15, 02:27 PM   #7
Wandamey
•Arrows are now easier to see while they’re traveling to your knee
oh my, this one is a carreer saver!!
07/28/15, 05:23 PM   #8
merlight
I haven't updated the client yet, just noticed a Good Thing in the notes -- seems you've left legacy/deprecated functions, e.g. *Money, in the API. *thumbs up*
07/28/15, 05:54 PM   #9
Wandamey
not exactly "API", but am I missing something in the achievement journal or some craft items (style books...) / fishes are already implemented for the next (next) dlc on the test server?

if there are really available with no corresponding achievement i'd like to know to be sure they don't show false info in my addon.
(i'd be more precise but i'm afraid of spoiling... i'm not speaking of glass or xyvkin, nor imperial city fishes...)

Last edited by Wandamey : 07/28/15 at 05:59 PM.
07/29/15, 06:58 AM   #10
sirinsidiator

Originally Posted by merlight View Post
I haven't updated the client yet, just noticed a Good Thing in the notes -- seems you've left legacy/deprecated functions, e.g. *Money, in the API. *thumbs up*
This was also one of the first things that I noticed and I like the direction this is going. Now we just need deprecation tags on functions that will be removed in the future.

Any player that you have a unit tag for.
Excellent. Makes some things that I have planned for Social Indicators 2.0 much easier.

I'll have to ask around about why that was pulled.
Please do. Besides knowing who invited someone it would also be interesting to know when they joined. Maybe you could add two new return values joinTime and invitedBy to GetGuildMemberInfo instead of just bringing the activity log entry back.
07/29/15, 12:17 PM   #11
kerb9729
GetGuildMemberIndexFromDisplayName (displayName) – member index.
I don't see how this can work without a 2nd argument specifying which guild.
07/29/15, 12:24 PM   #12
Ayantir

Originally Posted by kerb9729 View Post
I don't see how this can work without a 2nd argument specifying which guild.
Look at txt file !

* GetGuildMemberIndexFromDisplayName(*integer* _guildId_, *string* _displayName_)
** _Returns:_ *luaindex:nilable* _memberIndex_

I've already updated 2 addons with this function, works like a charm.
07/30/15, 08:02 AM   #13
kerb9729
Originally Posted by Ayantir View Post
Look at txt file !

* GetGuildMemberIndexFromDisplayName(*integer* _guildId_, *string* _displayName_)
** _Returns:_ *luaindex:nilable* _memberIndex_

I've already updated 2 addons with this function, works like a charm.
Somehow I did not notice those files embedded in the post. Thanks for pointing it out to me!
07/30/15, 10:01 AM   #14
Garkin

I can't find any description for newly added function GetMapFilterType().
It seems to be useful function which I can use in LibMapPins library.
07/30/15, 10:58 AM   #15
sirinsidiator

Originally Posted by Garkin View Post
I can't find any description for newly added function GetMapFilterType().
It seems to be useful function which I can use in LibMapPins library.
This function seems to be a replacement for
Lua Code:
  1. ZO_WorldMap_GetMapOptionContext() == MAP_OPTION_CONTEXT_PVE

From the context I would say it returns either MAP_FILTER_TYPE_STANDARD, MAP_FILTER_TYPE_AVA_CYRODIIL or MAP_FILTER_TYPE_AVA_IMPERIAL.
07/30/15, 01:04 PM   #16
Wandamey
ITEMTYPE and BOUNDTYPE

for what i've seen mob trophies are now ITEMTYPE_COLLECTIBLE, that was expected although i can't find the function returning the values COLLECTIBLE_ITEM_TYPE_TROPHY/NONE/FISH as all functions using the word collectible seem to refer to the crown store.

but it doesn't really matter because fishes appear to not be bankable anymore (so will be the trophies but guess what, i wont lose my time checking that, i got some fishing to do on live).
I really hope this isn't intended.

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » 2.1 API Patch Notes