09/26/23, 12:00 PM   #1
SerLoras

Question Does the Group Finder have Decent APIs?

How add-on friendly is the new Group Finder tool in Update 40? Is there the potential for some interesting new add-on integrations with it?

For example, could someone create an add-on that watches the group finder and notifies you when there are new groups that fit certain filter criteria?

Or maybe an add-on could auto accept group applications if a certain desired achievement is linked in the application message?
09/26/23, 12:49 PM   #2
Masteroshi430

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by SerLoras View Post
How add-on friendly is the new Group Finder tool in Update 40? Is there the potential for some interesting new add-on integrations with it?

For example, could someone create an add-on that watches the group finder and notifies you when there are new groups that fit certain filter criteria?

Or maybe an add-on could auto accept group applications if a certain desired achievement is linked in the application message?
It looks like it is doable, I already added a display if you have started a group finder listing or if you are in a group that if forming for a group finder listing indicating the listing characteristics in my Vestige's Epic Quest addon, I think I will add a sort of toggleable display (carousel type) for the users to see the current listings while playing with one-click appliance but for that one I think I will wait for U40 to go live.

The Group Finder tool is still a big baby (I think they will add, polish, fix things with every PTS update) but it is very promising, I'm eager to use it on Live, it will add awesomeness to the game for sure.

Last edited by Masteroshi430 : 09/26/23 at 12:52 PM.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » Does the Group Finder have Decent APIs?