Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
05/03/20, 01:59 AM   #1
Aenathel

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
How to prevent Minion from overriding the development version of my add-on?

Hi all, just made my first ESO add-on and having a lot of fun.

I published the add-on to ESOUI yesterday after only having worked on it locally, but fortunately using Git for version control from the beginning.

The first time I opened Minion after submitting my add-on, Minion completely replaced my development version with the released version... which also wiped out the changes I was working on plus some files I don't commit to Git.

Fortunately, I often push my changes to my remote (I use Azure DevOps for my projects), but I'd rather not have this happen again. Is there a way I can prevent Minion from overriding my development version while still having automatic add-on updates enabled?

My thoughts so far are to either:
  1. Use a different name for the development version, but I'd rather not do that...
  2. Set the AddOnVersion in the manifest to something like 9999, but then I have to update that every time I do a release. (I guess I'll automate it if so, but it's still additional work.)
Any thoughts?

Last edited by Aenathel : 05/03/20 at 04:08 AM.

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » How to prevent Minion from overriding the development version of my add-on?