04/17/14, 07:40 PM   #1
Cyberknight
Enchater Helper

Hello there I just got the Alchemy Helper addon and its wonderful in the fact that it helps me learn new potions and not waste materials. However I wonder if we could get something like this for Enchanting.
Also for both of those addons if there was a way to keep a list of known potions and Enchants. Like I said ya its great that it helps me to learn new ones with out wasting matts, but I can not remember all the combinations later to make the potions or Enchants.

Let me know what you think?
04/17/14, 10:58 PM   #2
Xrystal
caritas omnia vincit

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Cyberknight View Post
Hello there I just got the Alchemy Helper addon and its wonderful in the fact that it helps me learn new potions and not waste materials. However I wonder if we could get something like this for Enchanting.
Also for both of those addons if there was a way to keep a list of known potions and Enchants. Like I said ya its great that it helps me to learn new ones with out wasting matts, but I can not remember all the combinations later to make the potions or Enchants.

Let me know what you think?
I wrote some quick test addons for both these skills and looks like it is quite possible to do something similar to my gatherer addon and gather information on what experiments are made and what the result was for future reference. Once I have got the gatherer updates finished I will get back to working on them.
04/18/14, 12:37 AM   #3
Aiiane

The enchanting interface will display the tooltip of what you're making before you make it, once you've translated all 3 of the runes involved.
04/18/14, 06:08 AM   #4
Xrystal
caritas omnia vincit

Premium Member
However, it doesn't tell you if you have tried to combine them and it failed. Thus a waste of resources. That's my reason for the idea of the addon.
04/18/14, 06:34 AM   #5
FerventPiranha
I didn't think you could fail enchanting, only alchemy?
04/18/14, 07:36 AM   #6
Xrystal
caritas omnia vincit

Premium Member
d'oh .. Come to think of it I think it was alchemy that I saw failing, my apologies.
04/18/14, 07:46 AM   #7
Tonyleila

Originally Posted by FerventPiranha View Post
I didn't think you could fail enchanting, only alchemy?
Ya I also think it can't fail.

An addon to see what gives how much xp woud be helpfull thouht! If not possible pre crafting then maybe after you have crafted this item once at this profession level then show how much xp it gave? That woud be usfull for every profession: e.g. for Blacksmithing I found out max use of iron with Daggers give most xp for Tailoring it seams to be Boots... Have not tested other professions, intresting woud be alchemy do 3 or 4 plants give more xp as 2?

Woud like to know if the round white, green or blue runestones give more xp or if the xp is only bound on hat square rune level you use.

Last edited by Tonyleila : 04/18/14 at 07:48 AM.
04/25/14, 05:32 PM   #8
ckaotik
Originally Posted by Tonyleila View Post
An addon to see what gives how much xp woud be helpfull thouht!
That's already been implemented in the craftingXP or CraftXPMsg addons.

However, I would personally love to have a potions/runes "spellbook", so I could use a workflow like this:
Code:
1) Use Enchanting table and select Spellbook tab
2) Filter results 
    - glyph type (armor, weapon, jewellery)
    - glyph effect (max health, magicka, ...)
    - level range (glyphs for level 10 would need to show 1-10, 5-15, 10-20)
3) ??
4) Profit!

Last edited by ckaotik : 04/25/14 at 05:33 PM. Reason: Formatting

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » Enchater Helper