04/18/14, 06:03 PM   #1
Hamburgerler
Trouble finding friends in pvp

So I do not have the talent to make this mod though I wish one existed. I reach out to the ever gifted modding community to full fill my want-in-desires. I have a friend, yes singular, in eso and when we pvp in a large group we find it hard, neigh, impossible to assist in the helping of each other, singular, friend (ok husband). I, we, wish there was a mod to show our friends in large groups with different color chevrons to be able to help "the right people" in the pvp fights. Please help us/the community as a whole.

Almighty Hamburgerler
04/18/14, 06:52 PM   #2
thelegendaryof

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Hi,

I reckon this isn't technically possible (API-Limitations) and also not wanted by the ESO-Developers.

They only thing you can do is activley watch your environment and don't just jump straight into large scale battles and spread if you don't want to die. Basically it 's like when you'd be fighting in a real war (somewhat). If you dive in you must live or die with your own decision. Act wisely, stay close and watch each other 's backs.

There is no way to mark a Player. Most support skills (as in Heals or Buffs) are targeted at either a pretty large Group of Players (AoE) or selecting automatically the Target for you (the nearest two Targets, the Player with the lowest Health). So if you stick somewhat close you should be still fine. After all you also have the Party-Window where you see the other Players Health - and your Mouth to talk to each other in case of need (either in Real Life or over TS, Mumble, Skype or similiar).

Simply said:

Details as these are what makes the difference in winning or losing a game.
So no addon should be able to give someone an advantage of that scale.

The only thing that helps is skill (long explanation of that above)

Cheers!
04/21/14, 05:43 PM   #3
Mitazaki

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
This will help you find the group leader at least, very handy for pvp

Just finished a new sat nav style one. I don't like the compass or map for tracking and prefered this method for keep me in the right direction.

ADDON LINK

For those that were requesting some form of group leader indicator / icon etc I am about to upload a new addon called "Follow The Leader". This addon has a satnav style arrow pointer that keeps you on the right direction if you need to follow the leader .

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » Trouble finding friends in pvp