02/16/14, 06:43 AM   #1
Swarog

Tanks

It's very interesting to find good builds for tanks especially with opened imperials racial abilities.
I've made my first build for imperial tank.
Feel free to share your builds for tanks.
02/16/14, 07:12 AM   #2
Swissy
Originally Posted by Swarog View Post
It's very interesting to find good builds for tanks especially with opened imperials racial abilities.
Your build isnīt bad in my opinion but have you thought about a dunmer dragonknight? The fire bonus of this race fits well and or better with the Dragonknight instead of Imperial! I would also prefer as Ultimate Corrosive Armor. Obsidian Shield and Ash Cloud looks also pretty cool to me instead of Invasion and Unstoppable if we talk about tanking!

You are also just using one build at the moment but you can switch weapons during battle which means your second build is missing at the moment. What is your second weapon you will use?
02/16/14, 07:21 AM   #3
Swarog

Originally Posted by Swissy View Post
Your build isnīt bad in my opinion but have you thought about a dunmer dragonknight?
Yes. It's the case. Redgards, Orcs, Nords and even Argonians was considered but I prefer Imperials for now.

Originally Posted by Swissy View Post
What is your second weapon you will use?
I'm still thinking but both builds will be for tank.
02/16/14, 07:29 AM   #4
Norefunds

i will play a vampire templar(dunmer) with 1h+shield spamming mist form(poison) and sun shield/eclipse,its sounds really wrong but i think its gonna work very well
02/16/14, 07:31 AM   #5
Swissy
Yes. It's the case. Redgards, Orcs, Nords and even Argonians was considered but I prefer Imperials for now.

I'm still thinking but both builds will be for tank.
Well just for tanking i also think that the imperial is the best race cause of red diamond and tough.
But if we talk about the best DPS/Tanking build i still think Dunmer is the best race.
02/16/14, 08:32 AM   #6
Callsign
My Templar build.

Build is designed to cover a variety of situations without the need to change abilities around. There are a couple of minor/alternative ways to change this build, but this does just about everything you would really need. I find Templar tanking to be the easiest to pick up and most straightforward to learn and understand.
02/16/14, 08:39 AM   #7
Norefunds

looks like everyone is going to play with 1h-shield, maybe its a bit overpowered at the moment, gives so much utily/mobility/CC/insane debuffs/survability, nerf bat danger zone?
02/16/14, 09:00 AM   #8
Callsign
I think Dragonknight has a few different effective builds depending on situation. One version is single enemy target, self damage mitigation. Another version is single enemy target, group damage mitigation. Others are multiple enemy targets, self damage mitigation, and multiple enemy targets, group damage mitigation.

This is what I would put into my Dragonknight tank build. (One thing to note that is not stated in the skill calculator is that Battle Roar in the Earthen Heart passives will only activate if you activate an Earthen Heart ability.) This gives me a variety of options to choose from depending on the situation. In terms of an all-around build, there are 6 abilities (Draconic Power and One Hand/Shield abilites chosen) and 2 ultimates (both Dragonknight ultimates chosen) that I would choose from on a regular basis.
02/16/14, 10:44 AM   #9
jcf190
I'm going with an Argonian Nightblade tank build myself. Lots of lifesteal, bonus healing recieved, evasion, and super effective potions.

http://esohead.com/calculator/skills...316cHQ4a6cHSCW
02/16/14, 10:42 PM   #10
Nynaeve

I'm probably going with a Nightblade tank, myself.
I've still not decided on race. I'd like to test the Imperials, to see if I'll go with them, but in lieu of testing them, I will likely go with Kajiit or Wood/Dark Elf... or maybe Redguard. I DON'T KNOW, PEOPLE. I Don't Know!
I'd prefer to go with a DW tanking build, if I can feel effective enough. I doubt I'll find a non-1h&shield tanking build, though, sadly. For a wow analogy, I'd play a DW monk tank over a sword-and-board pally any day, so it's unlikely that I'll decide I want to play a templar... for tanking.

Last edited by Nynaeve : 02/16/14 at 10:43 PM. Reason: Left out half a sentence. Type too fast for my own good.
02/17/14, 04:17 PM   #11
Ark

The first question I did to myself about tanking was: what is a tank here?
Because for me there is 2 types of tanks:
- Those who soak the damage
- Those who dodge the damage

In this game I think the best ones are gonna be the dodge ones, with all those instant-kill boss abilities you have to dodge-roll.

So, what do you REALLY need to be a tank?
You need aggro.
And you need something to keep the aggro up meanwhile you jump around.

I think the tanks are going to need DoTs to excel.
So, more than a unique full tank build, I think u need a weapon swap one.
You have 2 sets of abilities binded.
1) Defensive oriented.
2) DoT oriented.
And u swap between combat modes seeing how hard you get hit
02/19/14, 06:06 AM   #12
Drakkon
Originally Posted by jcf190 View Post
I'm going with an Argonian Nightblade tank build myself. Lots of lifesteal, bonus healing recieved, evasion, and super effective potions.

http://esohead.com/calculator/skills...316cHQ4a6cHSCW

I saw your Argonian nightblade tank... and i love the idea!!! LORD OF POTIONS!!

Just wondering if you have any more ideas on second Action bar abilites for like pvp situations? or a ranged options?

Or can anyone here give advice on how we can turn from tank to being most useful in a pvp situation using a second set of abilities?
02/19/14, 07:18 AM   #13
Liamwulf

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Ark View Post
The first question I did to myself about tanking was: what is a tank here?
Because for me there is 2 types of tanks:
- Those who soak the damage
- Those who dodge the damage

In this game I think the best ones are gonna be the dodge ones, with all those instant-kill boss abilities you have to dodge-roll.

So, what do you REALLY need to be a tank?
You need aggro.
And you need something to keep the aggro up meanwhile you jump around.

I think the tanks are going to need DoTs to excel.
So, more than a unique full tank build, I think u need a weapon swap one.
You have 2 sets of abilities binded.
1) Defensive oriented.
2) DoT oriented.
And u swap between combat modes seeing how hard you get hit
2 Very good tank styles
Mitigation or Evasion

You have a wonderful take on dots being helpful. I have been struggling with wrapping my head around how to maintain agro aside from using puncture nonstop. This just may be the ticket.

I was originally going to go Templar tank but last beta tested out the DK S/B and fell in LOVE with it!

I think the mitigation bonus from Imperial that Swarog has speced out along with the mitigation and bonus healing trees of the DK will synergiz nicely. I also like the fire attacks for leveling or dots.

Still playing with the talent calculator and my head spins. . So many options. I love it!

ESOUI » General Discussion » Class Discussions » Tanks