06/03/19, 09:08 AM   #1
Phuein

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Exclamation Quietly Deleting Posts Isn't Cool

Very awkwardly, it's twice now that I've had my post removed in a thread. I only noticed it, because I got an email about another comment in the thread. It was removed as well.

https://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8158

This has been done without any communication. Very unprofessional.

I can only assume, due to the lack of transparency, that the reason is the thread being either solved or outdated. It is a few months old. The comments were not out of context.

Nobody should feel like their content can disappear at any moment without a word.

Last edited by Phuein : 06/03/19 at 09:37 AM.
06/03/19, 09:18 AM   #2
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Hi Phuein,

I didn't delete your posts but reading the thread the OP concluded things saying his decision was unfair basically allowing the other person to continue. There was no need to reply to the thread which could have stirred things up again.

You should have received a private message from the mod/admin that deleted your posts and I'll look into that. I apologize for that happening to you.

Last edited by Dolby : 06/03/19 at 09:22 AM.
06/03/19, 09:32 AM   #3
Phuein

Thanks for the quick clarification, Dolby.
06/03/19, 02:54 PM   #4
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Because the thread is over 6 months old, so why stir up something that's been put to rest.

We never notify people when we delete posts that are a necro of a dead thread. If it is a current thread and we delete a post, we'll let people know why we've done so.

Last edited by Cairenn : 06/03/19 at 04:51 PM.
06/03/19, 06:53 PM   #5
Phuein

I did not get the impression that it was put to rest. Neither did the next poster, who was directly involved - literally the person being addressed in the OP.

Whether a thread is necro'd or dead is subjective, unless the administrators or OP mark it as such. Normally, by locking it. That would be a more considerate option. Otherwise, it's not unusual to see many-year-old threads still running on forums (such as ESO), because the subject is still relevant to some people.

ESOUI » Site Forums » Site help, bugs, suggestions/questions » Quietly Deleting Posts Isn't Cool