04/18/14, 12:51 AM   #1
Deviantsword
[request] Hireling Timers

Wouldn't it be great to know at what time of day you will be receiving your hireling mail? God knows it would save me a lot of heartache trying to figure out when my stuff is supposed to arrive! Any chance someone could make a mod to track the hireling timers?
05/10/14, 02:09 PM   #2
skv1991
I support! Good idea!
05/10/14, 02:37 PM   #3
Xrystal
caritas omnia vincit

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I'm not sure whether there are any timers. If I remember the wording they only work when you're offline. You log in and the email is triggered. I don't seem to get something every day so maybe it only works on days you do not log in at all to balance some lack of crafting/gathering work I guess.
05/10/14, 03:11 PM   #4
Tonyleila

The mail comes in 24h after you have opned the last mail. You need to have logged in with the char.
05/10/14, 03:18 PM   #5
Xrystal
caritas omnia vincit

Premium Member
That would explain it. Thanks for that bit of info.
05/11/14, 11:50 AM   #6
skv1991
What if you have Hireling for example in Provisioning 3/3, so mail comes every 12 hours and I don't know in what time I recieve last one... I have 3 chars with Provisioning 50 and hireling 3/3. So if I login in game at 12:00 and recieve message, next one will be at 24:00, BUT, what if I logged in at 0:20, then I recieve next at 12:20?
System with horse is more useful. 20 hours between next feed, so I want same timer, but about next Hireling.
I think, this real to make with getting current time, when user recieve message from assistant, save in variable and then check how many time to next hireling according to how many skills in Hireling player have. Something like this
05/11/14, 12:23 PM   #7
Xrystal
caritas omnia vincit

Premium Member
The problem is how do you tell the difference between a message from your hireling from anyone else without each player using the addon having to set the name of their hireling for each character and profession.

And is there a way to check how much time it is supposed to be as there isn't a single Hireling function in the wiki, which means at best all we can do is record when you last received an email from your hireling ( GetMailItemInfo(id64 mailId) ), what was in it ( GetAttachedItemLink(id64 mailId, luaindex attachIndex, LinkStyle linkStyle) ) and when you received the items from it GetItemLink(bagID,slotID).

At least with the horse you have stable functions like GetTimeUntilMountCanBeFed.
05/12/14, 12:12 AM   #8
CatoTheElder
I tried tracking this in the early days of release. My findings are below:
Week 1: Hireling came at 04:30 EDT
Patch Day: Hireling came at 14:30 EDT
Week 2: Hireling continued to come at 14:30 EDT
3/3 Perk: Hireling comes roughly every 12 hours, assuming the hireling's previous attachment has been taken.
Week 3: Times shifted again, still roughly every 12 hours if attachment taken.
Stopped tracking.

There are a couple of long threads about this on ESO's official forums. It seems absurd that it requires 3 perks invested per profession, yet you need to log on and off a minimum of twice a day in order to get any benefit. HTH

Cheers!
Cato

P.S. My personal biggest annoyance is that all of the timestamps in game are off by 3+ hours. This makes it nearly impossible to tell when anything really happened, making it needlessly complicated to track mail, guild logs, etc.

Last edited by CatoTheElder : 05/12/14 at 12:14 AM. Reason: Added P.S.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » [request] Hireling Timers