07/10/15, 03:04 PM   #1
dharbert
Half of the API functions don't seem to work

Either most of the API functions that I want to use either don't work, or the stats that I'm trying to address are bugged.

For example, I have a Nord character that has a racial passive for Cold Resist, with a value of 2016. However, even with this racial passive maxed out, my character sheet shows my Cold Resist to be zero, and when I use the API function STAT_DAMAGE_RESIST_COLD, it also shows to be zero.

Same goes for my Healing Received. I know for a fact that I have 11% Healing Received (4% from armor set, 7% from heavy armor passive), however, my character sheet is only showing 4%, and the API function STAT_HEALING_TAKEN only shows 4%.

Do these things simply not work? Or am I overlooking something?
07/11/15, 10:14 AM   #2
Halja

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
It is hard to give and answer without seeing how you are accessing those globals. More than likely it a misunderstanding of how to call them. That trips people up a lot. You can look at how Stroibe is getting to those in OmniStat (http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info397-OmniStats.html) as an example. That my help.
07/11/15, 07:52 PM   #3
dharbert
Originally Posted by Halja View Post
It is hard to give and answer without seeing how you are accessing those globals. More than likely it a misunderstanding of how to call them. That trips people up a lot. You can look at how Stroibe is getting to those in OmniStat (http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info397-OmniStats.html) as an example. That my help.
I haven't tried to use it in an add-on yet, I was using it in-game through the text chat. This is what I put into the chat window:

/script d(GetPlayerStat(STAT_DAMAGE_RESIST_COLD))

The value returned to the chat window was zero. I'm a Nord with the rugged passive selected, so this value should be 2016.

/script d(GetPlayerStat(STAT_HEALING_TAKEN))

The value returned was 4%. I know for a fact that I have 11% Healing Received.

Either I'm doing something wrong, or these stats are bugged. I have Harven's Extended Stats installed and it shows the same thing, zero cold resist, 4% healing taken.
07/11/15, 08:10 PM   #4
Ayantir

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Functions that returns stats values are mainly not available for us. they're server side or bugged but don't work.

Don't try too much to play with it, it's a waste of time (for now).
07/11/15, 08:16 PM   #5
dharbert
Originally Posted by Ayantir View Post
Functions that returns stats values are mainly not available for us. they're server side or bugged but don't work.

Don't try too much to play with it, it's a waste of time (for now).
I see. Thank you for the information. I was almost to the point of pulling my hair out trying to get this to work. It would be nice if it did work, or we had access to more of the API.

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » Half of the API functions don't seem to work