10/14/21, 08:58 AM   #1
Raz
Inventory Insight - Suddenly Stopped Working

Greetings,

I've been using Inventory Insight for quite some time and have considered it an essential add-on. However, recently, the add-on has suddenly generated errors and now does not work for me. I was just doing writs on my characters one day and upon the second to last toon, I suddenly start receiving these two error messages, shown below.

If I try to view the Inventory Insight window, my UI becomes messed up where most windows will not come up. I have to type /logout as the escape key will not bring up the settings.

The errors reference both Inventory Insight and Lib Async. So far, I tried the following:

1. Uninstalled and reinstalled both Inventory Insight and Lib Async
2. Deactivated all other add-ons to check for a conflict
3. Wiped the database in Inventory Insight
4. Rolling back to last version of Inventory Insight and Lib Aync (together and separately)

So far, none of these methods have worked. I am not sure what the cause of these issues are as I had not changed any of my add-ons in the weeks leading up to this error. The errors persist across all toons and since the add-on is no longer regularly updated, I'm finding myself out of ideas.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!

NOTE: Under "currentaccount" in the following error messages, I omitted the account name.

---(ERROR #1)---

user:/AddOns/IIfA/IIfADataCollection.lua:696: attempt to index a number value
stack traceback:
user:/AddOns/IIfA/IIfADataCollection.lua:696: in function 'IIfA:ClearUnowned'
<Locals> self = [table:1]{ActiveSubFilter = 0, currentAccount = "[OMITTED]", bSortQuality = F, name = "Inventory Insight", CurrSceneName = "hud", minWidth = 410, ActiveFilter = 0, InventoryFilter = "All", searchFilter = "", bFilterOnSetName = F, version = "3.45", ScrollSortUp = T, InventoryListFilter = "All", SearchHeight = 30, filterGroup = "All", currentCharacterId = "8796093052255139", clientLanguageUsesGenderString = F, HeaderHeight = 0, clientLanguage = "en", EMPTY_STRING = "", isGuildBankReady = F, author = "AssemblerManiac & manavortex", InventoryListFilterQuality = 99}, n = 1, ItemLink = "|H1:item:45879:122:1:0:0:0:0:0...", DBItem = [table:2]{itemQuality = 3, filterType = 3}, ItemOwner = 2, ItemData = 0.758 </Locals>
user:/AddOns/IIfA/IIfADataCollection.lua:678: in function 'IIfA:CollectAll'
<Locals> self = [table:1], b_useAsync = F, BagList = [table:3]{0 = T} </Locals>
user:/AddOns/IIfA/IIfAEvents.lua:9: in function 'IIfA_EventOnPlayerUnloaded'

---(ERROR #2)---

user:/AddOns/LibAsync/LibAsync.lua:53: user:/AddOns/IIfA/IIfADataCollection.lua:696: attempt to index a number value
stack traceback:
user:/AddOns/IIfA/IIfADataCollection.lua:696: in function 'IIfA:ClearUnowned'
<Locals> self = [table:1]{clientLanguageUsesGenderString = F, InventoryListFilter = "All", InventoryFilter = "All", InventoryListFilterQuality = 99, name = "Inventory Insight", CurrSceneName = "hud", ActiveFilter = 0, ScrollSortUp = T, EMPTY_STRING = "", filterGroup = "All", searchFilter = "", currentAccount = "[OMITTED]", currentCharacterId = "8796093053041429", HeaderHeight = 0, SearchHeight = 30, minWidth = 410, clientLanguage = "en", bFilterOnSetName = F, isGuildBankReady = F, version = "3.45", bSortQuality = F, ActiveSubFilter = 0, author = "AssemblerManiac & manavortex"}, n = 1, ItemLink = "|H1:item:45879:122:1:0:0:0:0:0...", DBItem = [table:2]{itemQuality = 3, filterType = 3}, ItemOwner = 2, ItemData = 0.758 </Locals>
user:/AddOns/IIfA/IIfADataCollection.lua:672: in function '(anonymous)'
(tail call): ?
[C]: in function 'pcall'
user:/AddOns/LibAsync/LibAsync.lua:37: in function 'DoCallback'
<Locals> job = [table:3]{name = "IIfA_DataCollection", lastCallIndex = 1}, callstackIndex = 1 </Locals>
user:/AddOns/LibAsync/LibAsync.lua:67: in function 'DoJob'
<Locals> job = [table:3], index = 1 </Locals>
user:/AddOns/LibAsync/LibAsync.lua:145: in function 'async.Scheduler'
<Locals> name = "IIfA_DataCollection", runTime = 57.7507015, GetGameTimeSeconds = [C]:-1, start = 57.749034881592, now = 57.7507015, allOnlyOnce = F </Locals>
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'error'
user:/AddOns/LibAsync/LibAsync.lua:53: in function 'DoCallback'
<Locals> job = [table:1]{name = "IIfA_DataCollection", lastCallIndex = 0, Error = "user:/AddOns/IIfA/IIfADataColl..."}, callstackIndex = 1, success = F, shouldContinue = "user:/AddOns/IIfA/IIfADataColl..." </Locals>
user:/AddOns/LibAsync/LibAsync.lua:67: in function 'DoJob'
<Locals> job = [table:1], index = 1 </Locals>
user:/AddOns/LibAsync/LibAsync.lua:145: in function 'async.Scheduler'
<Locals> name = "IIfA_DataCollection", runTime = 57.7507015, GetGameTimeSeconds = [C]:-1, start = 57.749034881592, now = 57.7507015, allOnlyOnce = F </Locals>

Last edited by Raz : 10/14/21 at 09:06 AM.
10/14/21, 09:18 AM   #2
Raz
I may have solved the problem. I noticed Inventory Insight remembered all previous guilds I was in and found that strange. I went into the SavedVariables folder and deleted the listing for Inventory Insight. Thankfully, with this, it appears to be working again.

Never even thought about potentially doing that.
10/14/21, 11:07 AM   #3
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Isn't there a "Clear guild data" or similar in the IIfA settings menu ingame as well?
Or maybe it was a clear of total data to reste all. One would only need to login all the chars 1 after another afterwards :-( But that's normal for many addons, unfortunately.
Could be that the error messages prevented the open of the settings menu, but if not (e.g. only happend during crafting writs etc. as you described) have a look there.
10/14/21, 12:45 PM   #4
Raz
While there was the option to delete the guild data, when I tried to do so, it would not actually delete any of it -- they would still be listed (and did nothing to prevent the errors). While there is another option to clear the database, but that only seems to delete the inventories of your characters.

Going into the SavedVariables folder and deleting the LUA file for Insight Inventory appears to have done the trick. Considering I've been using the addon for over two years, perhaps it was overdue. Granted, I'll have to log in all my characters again, but it's a small price to pay for having the addon working again.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » Inventory Insight - Suddenly Stopped Working