04/02/14, 04:08 PM   #1
ins
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Time to think about your GUI Setup.

As more and more addons are developed, eventually the GUI Settings page will have a huge number of addons that vie for attention.

Has anyone tested if there is a limit to how many Addons with sub-options you can have listed there or if you'll get a scroll bar once it is reached some limit?

Is it possible to have submenus so it might be possible to have entries listed under

Code:
Settings
| video
| audio
| gameplay
| addons
   |-<category1>
      |- Addon name
   |-<category2>
Obviously this would require addon authors using GUI elements to use the same Library for making the menu options, but I suspect some of them already are?

Just something I noticed today as my Settings page was quite long with different stuff.
04/02/14, 05:51 PM   #2
Dio

I can't test as I'm at work, but this is something I've also thought about. I like the idea of an AddOns submenu, even broken down by category.

Maybe something LibAddonMenu could consider if it starts becoming a problem.

Last edited by Dio : 04/02/14 at 05:53 PM.
04/02/14, 06:27 PM   #3
Biki
This is a good idea. I already have like 5 or 6 Addon submenus and it's only getting bigger. Some centralized way of doing it would be very nice.
04/02/14, 07:01 PM   #4
ins
Alternatively an option would be for the AddonLibrary to only show the "Addon" text and when pressing on it, it would open a new frame for the configuration options. That way you'll only ever have "settings, video, etc..Addons" and avoid having to deal with the 'default' Menu screen and any limitations it may have.

Can already foresee having 8-9 categories and a bunch of addons under each would probably make it just as messy as if they were all in the root-tree.
04/02/14, 07:15 PM   #5
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Authors are already using a library to put their settings there: http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info7-LibAddonMenu.html

It's not a standard feature and is somewhat of a hack I discovered.

------

Yes, a scrollbar appears when you have enough addons adding their options to the Settings menu.

LibAddonMenu allows authors to register more than one addon to their settings panel. I did this on purpose so as to not clutter up the menu list. For example, all of of my ZAM_* stuff puts options on a "ZAM Addons" panel. I highly recommend that other authors condense their addons to one menu panel if possible, just to make users' lives easier and so as to not clutter up that list.

(Also, if all you want a GUI for is a little blurb about your addon and one setting, I suggest you reevaluate your choices. Just a general comment, directed at no one in particular.)

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » Time to think about your GUI Setup.