04/14/14, 11:52 PM   #1
zireko

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Can someone help me write this code?

I wanted to ask if anyone might help me with my first addon? All I need is a very simple code. Just a box any size any color I can change that later. Then a list of words in a vertical order. These words need to be clickable, and once you click the word it darkens. The last of the code will tell if the player is on Khenarthi's Roost and to pull up this box with words in it.

If you help me with this I will be sure to add your name in the authors along with mine to give you credit for your work. I'm asking for this help so that I can learn what the code will look like and I will have a better understanding of how things work. Try and keep the txt, lua, and xml as simple as possible. If this is far to advanced for a first addon give me ideas to work with because I'm down for anything. What I'm hoping to create is a list tracker of sorts.
04/15/14, 06:13 AM   #2
tiomun

http://wiki.esoui.com/MyFirstAddon_tutorial

That's a link to a simple counter tutorial. it has allot of the basics you are asking about. I started there.

The listing and color change stuff isn't to hard but adds allot of complexity to the code. its probably a bit much to start off with.

Take a look at the code from that tutorial and try to create a panel with text labels listed in it instead of a timer

If you give it a initial try and post the code you have, everyone here is very helpful and will assist with any issues or give advice on where to look to find what you need. There may also already be some useful topics in this forum.

you can also look at the code of some of the existing addons to learn from.
04/15/14, 08:17 AM   #3
zireko

Okies thank you. I just made a new thread and showing the code I have so far if you can take a look.
http://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=918

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » Can someone help me write this code?