08/09/18, 09:50 PM   #1
Sidney
Question [Request] "Mark Item As..." addon

An add-on I used to use is out of date so I am requesting someone to make one. I'm also wondering how quick lua is to learn to make it myself.

I'm looking for a mod that I can "Mark item as":

• Trading House
  • Trade
  • Vendor/Junk
  • Mail
  • Alchemy
  • Enchanting
  • Provisioning
  • Deconstruction
  • Improvement
  • Refinement
  • Research
  • Save
The item would then, for example, NOT show up if I visited a vendor and it was marked as research. It would not show up in the destruction screen if it was marked as anything other than destruction (unless it wasn't marked at all). It prevents things from showing up in screens it shouldn't be in so you don't accidentally destroy/sell things, and makes it easier to find things you need.

This behavior was an additional function in the add-on "Circonian's FilterIt" listed here: http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info8...sFilterIt.html Is this something anyone here can/would be willing to create?

Thanks for reading,

Sidney
08/09/18, 11:10 PM   #2
ziggr

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Baertram's FCO ItemSaver is powerful and does much of what you want. Well worth checking out and investing the time to learn and configure.
08/09/18, 11:56 PM   #3
Shadowfen
There is another addon simply called ItemSaver which also does the job (It is not FCO ItemSaver! That is a different addon.)
08/10/18, 08:48 AM   #4
SlippyCheeze
...and to add to the previous voices: at least FCO Item Saver, and probably the original one too, have Advanced Filter integration, so you can filter things based on how you marked them. FCOIS supports 32 custom marks, in addition to the core set, which I'm using a few of in order to track, for example, things I'm donating to my guild bank.
08/10/18, 07:37 PM   #5
Sidney
Thanks everyone, I'll check them out!
08/12/18, 11:18 AM   #6
Leah Ann
That was a great idea!

Originally Posted by SlippyCheeze View Post
...and to add to the previous voices: at least FCO Item Saver, and probably the original one too, have Advanced Filter integration, so you can filter things based on how you marked them. FCOIS supports 32 custom marks, in addition to the core set, which I'm using a few of in order to track, for example, things I'm donating to my guild bank.
That is a good idea about the guild bank donations. Thinking along that lines, it could also be used to mark things as "for guild auction" if you are the auctioneer. I have done that before and found it to be a challenge to manage everything.
08/12/18, 12:19 PM   #7
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
I'm using the custom dyanmic icons as well to manage my donations and auctions as you are able to set them up differently, e.g. allow guild store sell but do not allow deconstruction and trading etc.

And the filter buttons of FCOIS are available at the guild store sell page as well so one can filter to only show this particularly marked items for "sell in guild store" via the right click contetx enu at the filter buttons (if you enable the context menus to choose single marker icons within the FCOIS settings -> Filter buttons).
08/17/18, 08:30 PM   #8
SilverWF

Originally Posted by Shadowfen View Post
There is another addon simply called ItemSaver which also does the job (It is not FCO ItemSaver! That is a different addon.)
Second to this

FCO Item Saver is a huge and heavy weighted addon, that most likely would cause FPS drops every time you getting a loot

Item Saver is way better here
08/17/18, 08:48 PM   #9
SlippyCheeze
Originally Posted by SilverWF View Post
FCO Item Saver is a huge and heavy weighted addon, that most likely would cause FPS drops every time you getting a loot. Item Saver is way better here
Do you have the slightest shred of evidence to back this assertion up?
08/17/18, 09:21 PM   #10
SilverWF

Originally Posted by SlippyCheeze View Post
Do you have the slightest shred of evidence to back this assertion up?
My own experience

The same with your "evidence" request in the other thread.
08/19/18, 02:57 PM   #11
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
FCO Item Saver is a huge and heavy weighted addon, that most likely would cause FPS drops every time you getting a loot
I never got any fps drop during loot. Maybe you just use too many addons which check the loot?
If you got fps drop during loot it deffinately depends on what addons do checks, categorize in your inventories etc.

What SlippyCheeze wants to say, and I'd like to make you aware of too:
Please do not spread wrong information if you cannot proof it with ONLY the addon in question enabled + show a way to reproduce it. We can work on this then.
But just telling ppl it causes fps drop, and I bet you haven't tested it without other addons enabled, is not fair.
Thanks for your understanding.

Edit:
Btw, yes FCO ItemSaver got way more possibilities then ItemSaver but if you do not enable them (like automatic marking of items upon loot, or the integration into other addons it is supporting), it is the same like ItemSaver (even using the same filter library) and you will most likely not experiencing any difference in the performance.
Just within the look and handling.

Last edited by Baertram : 08/19/18 at 03:00 PM.
08/19/18, 04:58 PM   #12
Gamer1986PAN
I was a long time User of Circonians FilterIt as well. But i managed it to annoy Baertram (sorry again but big thanks for it) as much as needed to give the big pros from FilterIt to FCO Itemsaver (like the unique id-save you had with FilterIt) and to the new beta of Advanced Filters (Advanced filters beta version 1.5.0.5).
I can tell you it is totally worth to change now but Circonians FilterIt will always have a place in my Addon-Heart...

I started to use the save with FCO but kept the filter from FilterIt because Advanced Filters did not have the option to "grey out" categories without any entries, but the Saving options from FCO (especially the Keybindings and the 4 Filter-Buttons on the bottom of the inventory) made a huge difference in gaining advantage.
So i learned to use FCO in a very individual way but perfect for me.
Since the jewellery crafting came out FilterIt was totally broken but Baertram managed to bring the "grey out" function to advanced filters and so it was a easy change to advanced filters...
08/19/18, 05:45 PM   #13
SilverWF

Exclamation

Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
I never got any fps drop during loot. Maybe you just use too many addons which check the loot?
If you got fps drop during loot it deffinately depends on what addons do checks, categorize in your inventories etc.

What SlippyCheeze wants to say, and I'd like to make you aware of too:
Please do not spread wrong information if you cannot proof it with ONLY the addon in question enabled + show a way to reproduce it. We can work on this then.
But just telling ppl it causes fps drop, and I bet you haven't tested it without other addons enabled, is not fair.
Thanks for your understanding.

Edit:
Btw, yes FCO ItemSaver got way more possibilities then ItemSaver but if you do not enable them (like automatic marking of items upon loot, or the integration into other addons it is supporting), it is the same like ItemSaver (even using the same filter library) and you will most likely not experiencing any difference in the performance.
Just within the look and handling.
With only one addon enabled, even MM while scanning or HarvestMap with all possible pins enabled would work as smooth as it only can.
But with 40+ other addons - there IS difference.
No offense mate, your addon is very good for someone, but (for me) this is just a huge overkill in the most cases and not only because it's heaviness.
And I said this to you more than a year ago. Can't link this post, cos there is no direct links on the file comments. But you can check it by yourself - May 2017 approx.
Peace
08/19/18, 05:59 PM   #14
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Yes I remember there was someoe who told me about fps drops. But I couldn't rebuild this somehow.
I guess t is because of other addons then.
btw: I'm using more than 50 addons at the same time, including FCOIS, and never got any fps drops.
The only addon I know which drops FPS in the inevntories is Auto Category.
And I guess the more auto loot and auto sort and auto filter and auto destroy addons you use, the more the the cpu will get into work, and the lower your fps will be then.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » [Request] "Mark Item As..." addon