10/27/14, 06:50 AM   #1
circonian
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Sort It

If anyone would like to give this addon a quick test and provide some feedback before I finish it up and release it I would appreciate it.

It is a sorting addon that allows you to create sort packages to sort your inventories. So you can have your inventory sorted by like quality, and then by itemType, then by EquipType, then by Name, exc.. You can create several sort Packages & toggle through them by clicking on the sortHeader...That is the header that normaly says "Name" in your inventory. I also added a button, double arrow, right next to it to allow you to change the sort direction.

I have a few things left to finish on it, but everything should work. Was just hoping to get some feedback before I finish everything up & release it. At the moment it only has 4 sortKeys to sort by: quality ,itemType, equipType, & name. I plan on adding more, but if you have any in particular you would like to see added let me know.

Instructions:
You Create sort packages in the settings menu.
Then click the sort header in one of your inventories (thats the one that usually says "Name")
The double arrow button next to that header will toggle the sort direction
It will do the rest & toggle through your sort packages

Yes, at the moment I'm aware the old double arrow header still appears in your backpack so you will see two of them. Getting rid of it is one of the few things I have left to do.

You can download it here: http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info8...ansSortIt.html

For any addon developers interested it also includes a sorting library that I plan on releasing, whenever I finish it & am happy that everything is stable, that will ease creating any kind of sorting your addons may need.

Last edited by circonian : 10/31/14 at 03:20 AM. Reason: Addon is now posted on site, link changed

10/27/14, 01:27 PM   #2
Tonyleila

Is it like MrPlow - Inventory Sorter with options?
Why not upload it here as beta?

10/27/14, 08:28 PM   #3
circonian
I've never used mr plows, I don't know what that is, and the description on that addon page doesn't say to much. But looking at the pictures, I would say probably. Reading that page sounds like your stuck with one predefined sort order though? This one lets you choose how its sorted and you can create more than one type of sort & toggle through them by clicking on the header in the inventory.

Not really much to it from the users point of view, you choose sort orders & it sorts your inventory. But you get to choose how it sorts and it is possible to add sortKeys to sort by whatever anyone wants. Like if someone wanted a sort filter to sort all runes to the top of the list and then one handed weapons, then ...whatever, pretty much any type of sort would be possible, I'de just have to add sortKeys for whatever anyone wants to sort by which wouldn't take much work.

As for the uploading to beta section question. I don't know...that probably would have been a better idea.

Last edited by circonian : 10/27/14 at 08:58 PM.

10/29/14, 06:35 PM   #4
Tonyleila

That sounds great! I woud prefere to sort items by quality and then by item type.

Just so you know this is all MrPlow is do right now:

10/29/14, 09:36 PM   #5
circonian
The addon is now posted now. Yeah you can do quality & itemType, or you can get a lot more specific than that.

Theres about 25 different sort keys to choose from. You can choose all armor, all weapons, any subType of armor/weapons (like light armor, medium....1h maces, 1h axes, 2h swords, ect....), generic sortKeys like itemType, EquipType, quality, name, crafting material type, ect...

You can chain up to 9 sort keys & choose ascending or descending for each sort key.
Create several sort packages & toggle between them by clicking on the sort header & reverse the sort direction by clicking on the double arrow sort header I added.

Is that the grid view whatever addon? I didn't test it with that although as long as it doesn't remove the sort headers & doesn't mess with the sort order I don't think it should cause any problems.

Last edited by circonian : 10/29/14 at 09:40 PM.

ESOUI » AddOns » Alpha/Beta AddOns » Sort It Alpha