07/20/14, 02:06 AM   #1
Kentarii
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Exclamation So long, and thanks for all the fish

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to let you guys know (officially) that I have unsubbed ESO.
This means my four projects you see below will be orphaned unless someone wants to take over maintaining them.

It was fun while it lasted, but in the last 1.5 month, I have only logged in to do research stuff, so that's that.

Just post here or send me a PM if you're interested in taking over.
I have 20 days left from today, so after August 10th, no more updates will come.

So long, and thanks for all the fish.

- Kentarii

Last edited by Kentarii : 08/17/14 at 07:39 AM.
07/20/14, 02:45 AM   #2
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Safe travels, Kentarii. Hopefully we'll see you again sometime down the road in some other game.
07/26/14, 07:40 PM   #3
deathangel1479

See you at the Restaurant at the End of the Universe.

Last edited by deathangel1479 : 07/26/14 at 08:01 PM.
08/06/14, 07:47 AM   #4
Iaotle
There IS a map!

Originally Posted by Kentarii View Post
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to let you guys know (officially) that I have unsubbed ESO.
This means my four projects you see below will be orphaned unless someone wants to take over maintaining them.

It was fun while it lasted, but in the last 1.5 month, I have only logged in to do research stuff, so that's that.

Just post here or send me a PM if you're interested in taking over.
I have 20 days left from today, so after August 10th, no more updates will come.

So long, and thanks for all the fish.

- Kentarii

There IS a map for it. http://www.esohead.com/map#7.3.55.43...67:68:69:70:71

Gives all the quest coords (approx) and even puts in which quest you have active.
08/06/14, 08:14 AM   #5
Kentarii
Originally Posted by Cairenn View Post
Safe travels, Kentarii. Hopefully we'll see you again sometime down the road in some other game.
Thanks Cairenn, hopefully we will! I'll probably lurk around these forums still though.

Originally Posted by deathangel1479 View Post
See you at the Restaurant at the End of the Universe.

Originally Posted by Iaotle View Post
There IS a map for it. http://www.esohead.com/map#7.3.55.43...67:68:69:70:71

Gives all the quest coords (approx) and even puts in which quest you have active.
Kinda off-topic.. but anyways.. having a web page with a map full of pins does not mean that it is something which can be used by me or any other developer. We need the actual latitude and longitude for each POI to be able to use it in our addons. That data is not available and Esohead has no plans in the foreseeable future to release any API to give developers access to it.

If someone decide to take over the Quest Journal, they can add functionality which lets users submit the coordinates back so that a future release includes coordinates to all quests.
08/17/14, 05:59 AM   #6
Minceraft

Exclamation Clock and Texture Viewer...

I would be interested in taking over these two if they are still available...and how does one do that anyway??? Lol! I have found a new love in the lua language, hehe. I just read the posts and these are two of my favorite addons.... And the quest journal! Interested? Hit me back!! Thanks!!
08/17/14, 07:29 AM   #7
Kentarii
Originally Posted by Minceraft View Post
I would be interested in taking over these two if they are still available...and how does one do that anyway??? Lol! I have found a new love in the lua language, hehe. I just read the posts and these are two of my favorite addons.... And the quest journal! Interested? Hit me back!! Thanks!!
Hi Minceraft,

Thanks for the interest. The addons are still available, yes.
Those two probably requires the least maintenance. Should be enough to update the API version most of the time. But you can go ahead and add new features of course.

What experience do you have in the past regarding addon development? Have you written/published anything yet for ESO?

Edit: I've added you as a team member to the clock and texture viewer addons now.

Last edited by Kentarii : 08/17/14 at 07:39 AM.
08/21/14, 02:20 PM   #8
Minceraft

Talking Clock/ TextureViewer

Was wondering if I had to upload something in order to use the interface?? Kinda wondering how I would get to the Addons to do anything....lol
08/21/14, 03:52 PM   #9
Kentarii
Was wondering if I had to upload something in order to use the interface?? Kinda wondering how I would get to the Addons to do anything....lol
I don't know how the interface looks like on your end to be honest. Never been a contributor to a mod myself.
Might be an idea to log on to irc and ask the good folks there.

For me, I have an "Upload & Update" menu item under the "Author" menu dropdown.
I also have a "My AddOn List" menu item in that same dropdown.
08/21/14, 08:07 PM   #10
katkat42
Nope. You can leave the "File to upload" bit blank and just change the description, changelog, images, etc, then click the button at the bottom. (I've forgotten to update the changelog a few times, and had to go back and do it separately).

Also, once you're listed as a team member, comments on the add-on show up on your "My Add-on List" page, newest posts first.

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » So long, and thanks for all the fish