06/04/14, 06:26 AM   #1
zgrssd
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
CCDR - Horses

I am good at backend programming, but lousy at UI programming.
There are propably a lot of good UI programmers, but gathering the data is the hard part.
For some time now I have been thinking about making a Addon with the sole purpose of collecting data that other addons could then display. This would simplify the work of making something look "your way", without having to deal with collecting the data. Also if more then on addon need the same data, it would only be collected once this way.
My working title is CCDR - Cross Character Data Repository.

My first goal was Horses. I made a few tests with the Events and updated the Horse Event Section on the wiki with my results (we now get something between one line and 3 line description for each horse event).

One of the core features of my CCDR would be the ability to filter stuff. It would still collect the data, but it will not return the data (or only tell the quering addon that showing it was not wanted by the user).
For horses for example, feeding the Imperial 1G or the 17k Gold horse is not a good idea - it is much more worth to feed the 42k Horses.
The core of filtering is identification. And it looks like the only way to identify horses is via the Icon/mount portait used. I will have to translate that into a constant value that I store then, but that is rather easy.

The generaly path for both is:
Code:
/esoui/art/icons/mounticon_horse_X.dds
/esoui/art/mountportraits/mountportait_horse_X.dds
With x being the horse ID (a single Alphabetical Character)
Note the misspelling in the Portrait path.

I got Imperial Horse and Draft (capacity) horse covered.
Imperial horse:
c

Draft Horse (Capacity):
b

Anybody know the other Icons?
I don't quite have the money to buy them all.
I will also update the GetStableSlotInfo() entry on the Wiki with the results.

Last edited by zgrssd : 06/04/14 at 06:37 AM.
06/04/14, 06:58 AM   #2
Tonyleila

Originally Posted by zgrssd View Post
For horses for example, feeding the Imperial 1G or the 17k Gold horse is not a good idea - it is much more worth to feed the 42k Horses.
The core of filtering is identification. And it looks like the only way to identify horses is via the Icon/mount portait used. I will have to translate that into a constant value that I store then, but that is rather easy.
I can't help you with the programming question but I also can't agree on this one, feeding your horse to lvl 50 costs 12250g +1g for Imperial Horse and you get 50 Bagslots from it. Best way to improve you inventory space with alts is to feed the horse after you have bought the first 20 bagspaces. Because the bagupgrade costs are
400 g 2000 g /// 5900 g 11000 g 19200g and this only for 10 Bagslots! So over 2000g its more cost for each bagspace then if you feed the 1g horse

Last edited by Tonyleila : 06/04/14 at 07:01 AM.
06/04/14, 07:12 AM   #3
zgrssd
Originally Posted by Tonyleila View Post
I can't help you with the programming question but I also can't agree on this one, feeding your horse to lvl 50 costs 12250g +1g for Imperial Horse and you get 50 Bagslots from it. Best way to improve you inventory space with alts is to feed the horse after you have bought the first 20 bagspaces. Because the bagupgrade costs are
400 g 2000 g /// 5900 g 11000 g 19200g and this only for 10 Bagslots! So over 2000g its more cost for each bagspace then if you feed the 1g horse
What I meant is that 0+50 is less then 10+50
If you buy the draft horse you get 10 Capacity for free. Wich also means 10 higher maximum/total. You could still level an imperial horse first, but that is a throwaway invesment when you then have to feed up the draft horse too.
Plus feeding up can be an issue then due to the Capaciy difference.

In any case my filters will be off by default, so everbody who wants them can enabled them. And addons will be able to either overwrite them or will only get a hint that filtering was wanted.
06/04/14, 08:32 AM   #4
zgrssd
I had a hope that I could take a peek at the DDS files and visually map the icons to the breeds. That did not work out.
I asume there are in some kind of .zip or other container, so I cannot find the files anywhere on my disk, in ESO directoy or otherwise.
Looks like I just have to store the letter used in the filename and just map the know letters to ingame types.

When in doubt I have to make a breed discovery addon that others can run and that logs thier stable to chat/Saved Var files so they can tell me what the other horses are called.
06/04/14, 09:07 AM   #5
Tonyleila

Originally Posted by zgrssd View Post
What I meant is that 0+50 is less then 10+50
If you buy the draft horse you get 10 Capacity for free. Wich also means 10 higher maximum/total
I wish it was 10 for free but if you think about it its just 10 slots for 42k thats even worse then making my bank bigger now that it costs 42k for 10 slots at the bank that is currtnly at 140 bagslots
06/04/14, 09:22 AM   #6
Sasky
As far as extracting DDS files, the current state seems to be:
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/ESOModAT_File_Format
and
http://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=10505

However, for the horses, if it really is just a single letter, you could always brute force it to check the other letters
06/06/14, 07:51 AM   #7
zgrssd
Originally Posted by Sasky View Post
As far as extracting DDS files, the current state seems to be:
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/ESOModAT_File_Format
and
http://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=10505

However, for the horses, if it really is just a single letter, you could always brute force it to check the other letters
I really only want to know wich horse (beside imperial and Draft) has wich letter, so I can properly display wich horses are to be filtered out.
Since I have access to both, I know it is C and B respectively. I guess I could just put something like "Horse_C" into the localisation files and update it later when somebody tells me the proper horse kind.

Last edited by zgrssd : 06/06/14 at 07:55 AM.
06/06/14, 06:44 PM   #8
Kentarii
Talk to stable guy, click on buy tab, hover your mouse over an icon and type:
Code:
/zgoo mouse
Click on:
Code:
* GetChildren()
* ZO_StoreWindowList1Row#Button
* GetChildren()
* ZO_StoreWindowList1Row#ButtonIcon
* GetTextureInfo()
Code:
/esoui/art/icons/mounticon_horse_a.dds = Common Horse
/esoui/art/icons/mounticon_horse_b.dds = Draft Horse
/esoui/art/icons/mounticon_horse_c.dds = Imperial Horse
/esoui/art/icons/mounticon_horse_d.dds = Gaited Horse
/esoui/art/icons/mounticon_horse_e.dds = Light Horse
Texture size is: 64x64

Another approach after I found out the actual control name:
Talk to stable guy, click on buy tab and type:
Code:
/zgoo ZO_StoreWindowList1Row1ButtonIcon:GetTextureInfo()
/zgoo ZO_StoreWindowList1Row2ButtonIcon:GetTextureInfo()
/zgoo ZO_StoreWindowList1Row3ButtonIcon:GetTextureInfo()
/zgoo ZO_StoreWindowList1Row4ButtonIcon:GetTextureInfo()
/zgoo ZO_StoreWindowList1Row5ButtonIcon:GetTextureInfo()
Ps. I'll add these and several other icons to next release of Texture Viewer.

Last edited by Kentarii : 06/06/14 at 07:03 PM.
06/07/14, 03:03 AM   #9
zgrssd
Originally Posted by Kentarii View Post
Code:
/esoui/art/icons/mounticon_horse_a.dds = Common Horse
/esoui/art/icons/mounticon_horse_b.dds = Draft Horse
/esoui/art/icons/mounticon_horse_c.dds = Imperial Horse
/esoui/art/icons/mounticon_horse_d.dds = Gaited Horse
/esoui/art/icons/mounticon_horse_e.dds = Light Horse
Thanks for that. I updated the Wiki entiry for GetStableSlotInfo with this data, along with a description that you have to use those to idenitfiy a horse.

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » CCDR - Horses