06/27/14, 09:44 AM   #21
zgrssd
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Iyanga View Post
I'm not going to be bullied into their bull****, sorry.

The addons I write don't contain trademarks of ZeniMax, so I don't need to point out that they are trademarks.
I cannot understand what the problem is, really. You find the exacty same things in the WoW Addon Policy:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1021053914

The readme you have to add is 342 byte (yes there still is that unit). Once. Can be made with copy and paste. And compressed it is not even going to be 1/10 of that (Text compression is awesome).

1/1078 of a 5 1/2" Floppy Disk are simply not worth that much anger. And I find this request resonable. In fact I expected this was in palce all along. I cannot quite understand why they had forgotten it to begin with.
06/27/14, 10:37 AM   #22
Iyanga
Originally Posted by zgrssd View Post
I cannot understand what the problem is, really.
That's okay. You don't need to. You wouldn't mind if Andy Warhol had to write a disclaimer all over his Campbell's Soup Cans picture, either.
06/27/14, 01:15 PM   #23
Xrystal
caritas omnia vincit

Premium Member
Originally Posted by zgrssd View Post
I cannot understand what the problem is, really. You find the exacty same things in the WoW Addon Policy:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1021053914

The readme you have to add is 342 byte (yes there still is that unit). Once. Can be made with copy and paste. And compressed it is not even going to be 1/10 of that (Text compression is awesome).

1/1078 of a 5 1/2" Floppy Disk are simply not worth that much anger. And I find this request resonable. In fact I expected this was in palce all along. I cannot quite understand why they had forgotten it to begin with.
But did you also remember the uproar that happened when wow initiated that ruling ? ... I was there .. a lot of addons were dropped because of those changes. Work arounds were done. But what Blizzard didn't ask you to do was to put a disclaimer inside your addons. And yes, I did put the disclaimer in my addon as requested by Zenimax, I would have done the same if Blizzard had asked.

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » New API on live. EULA notice