05/12/14, 01:16 AM   #1
LoPony
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Possibility to get changes in unit stats

Hi,

I was searching for a possibility to get an units (player/target or group member) stats or the changed amount of it while under some kind of effect.

Mainly I'm searching for a solution to get the information if a player has an increased armor value.
Something like this maybe:
Code:
GetUnitAttributeVisualizerEffectInfo( 'player', ATTRIBUTE_VISUAL_POWER_SHIELDING, STAT_MITIGATION, ATTRIBUTE_HEALTH, POWERTYPE_HEALTH )
Only thing I found so far was:
Code:
GetPlayerStat(STAT_ARMOR_RATING, STAT_BONUS_OPTION_APPLY_BONUS, STAT_SOFT_CAP_OPTION_APPLY_SOFT_CAP )
But this works only for the player and returns only the current value not the changed amount.

Any ideas?

Thx!
05/12/14, 01:36 PM   #2
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Unfortunately you won't be able to. Zenimax locked down the API in a way that prevents us from being able to see &/or display other people's stats. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
05/12/14, 04:41 PM   #3
stjobe

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by LoPony View Post
Only thing I found so far was:
Code:
GetPlayerStat(STAT_ARMOR_RATING, STAT_BONUS_OPTION_APPLY_BONUS, STAT_SOFT_CAP_OPTION_APPLY_SOFT_CAP )
But this works only for the player and returns only the current value not the changed amount.

Any ideas?

Thx!
For the player you should probably use
Code:
GetPlayerStat(STAT_PHYSICAL_RESIST, STAT_BONUS_OPTION_APPLY_BONUS, STAT_SOFT_CAP_OPTION_APPLY_SOFT_CAP)
as that will give the same value as what's displayed in the character window (i.e. an armour buff will increase the value).

(I also made the error of thinking STAT_ARMOR_RATING was, you know, the armour rating when I developed OmniStats).

For other players, no clue.

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » Possibility to get changes in unit stats