06/26/15, 09:28 PM   #1
Demi1279
Request for Colored Map Markers

Even going through the journal and using that to zoom into quest markers or using the custom marker, all the black and white markers always blur into a blob on my map and get confusing, and its even worse on the compass. If someone could make an add on that simply colors the default markers differently it would really help me.

Possibly quest markers left white/black, others colored different things? Or, if not all markers colored, at least the selected quest marker colored?

Obviously, I can stand it for now. I just wonder if someone would be able to make this. :P

Last edited by Demi1279 : 06/26/15 at 09:34 PM.
06/27/15, 07:02 AM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
It's now that you are searching for at the moment but maybe it helps to raise the overview:
If you don't want to see all pins on the maps you can turn them of at the filter icon at the right side of your map.
Just demark the ones you don't want to see for the moment and it will be remembered.
06/27/15, 10:29 AM   #3
Demi1279
Ah, didn't know about that. Still would like colored map markers if anyone could make them, but the filters help a lot. :P TY
06/30/15, 08:43 PM   #4
blakbird

Which markers do you want colored and what colors do you want them?
07/02/15, 06:54 AM   #5
Demi1279
Shoulda done this in first post.. oops. Wish I could actually understand how to mod ESO to mod this myself. >_<

Go ahead and put whatever color you want instead of these if you think they'd be better a different color.

Region map

Marker - Color when they would normally be white/found/finished. When they're black markers they stand out enough.

Dolmens - blue
Standing Stones - green
Active Quest Marker - purple
The Torch for Delves - Colored like a torch, I guess. Brown & orange/yellow.

Town map

Banks - brown & yellow/gray
Outlaws Refuge - red
Market Scales - Yellow? Goldish
Guild Market Scales/Banner - yellow/gold scales and red banner?

TY for at least considering doing the request. :P
If any of this can't be done for some odd reason... Meh. I'll just deal with my eyesight issues and the map. xD It's just frustrating in a new area to find crap before I've been there for a few hours over and over running all across the map to memorize it.
07/02/15, 08:23 PM   #6
blakbird

How does this work out for you?

I changed the guild kiosk to blue because there was already red in the fence icon and I made the chest gray and brown because there would be too many icons with gold.
07/02/15, 09:56 PM   #7
Demi1279
Yessss. Thank you veryyy much for this. XD Stubborness + bad eyesight = not the best with maps that have the same colored icons. I'm just going into a new area of the map I'm going to have to learn as well, so thank youuu. ;D
I had to use colored map markers in Skyrim and Oblivion both... xD
And I can understand your changing of the colors, I wasn't sure what would work out best and was iffy on some... xD

Awesome work ;D
07/02/15, 11:12 PM   #8
blakbird

You are welcome! I think I will color more map pins. I like having them in color like that. It really does make it easier to find what you are looking for.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » Request for Colored Map Markers