04/07/15, 06:15 PM   #1
dopiate
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Fast Mount (skip animation)

Can you skip/suppress the mounting animation?

I would just like to hit mount and be on my ride

so far I have come up empty.

I have the framework - I just need to figure out of that animation is able to be skipped.

Thanks,
d
04/08/15, 05:58 AM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
I don't think this is possible as it would change the game's code, providing you an advantage against other palyers, and thus be a kind of cheat.
I wouldn't get deeper into it if I were you, without getting the risk of "angry game masters".

If you skip the animation you would gain 1-2 seconds ahead others. Or otherwise you would stand around 1-2 seconds and then suddenly be on the back of your horse, where the animation would be the better solution then^^
04/08/15, 06:06 AM   #3
Ayantir

function ToggleMount() used to jump on your mount is handled by LUA core and not modifiable.
04/09/15, 05:17 AM   #4
Garkin

I didn't find any way how to skip this animation. If you do any other action during the mounting, it will be aborted. It's the same as you can't skip animation (casting) for teleportation.

Originally Posted by Ayantir View Post
function ToggleMount() used to jump on your mount is handled by LUA core and not modifiable.
Offtopic - I see many people using LUA instead of Lua:
Originally Posted by http://www.lua.org/about.html
"Lua" (pronounced LOO-ah) means "Moon" in Portuguese. As such, it is neither an acronym nor an abbreviation, but a noun. More specifically, "Lua" is a name, the name of the Earth's moon and the name of the language. Like most names, it should be written in lower case with an initial capital, that is, "Lua". Please do not write it as "LUA", which is both ugly and confusing, because then it becomes an acronym with different meanings for different people. So, please, write "Lua" right!

Last edited by Garkin : 04/09/15 at 05:50 AM.
04/09/15, 05:47 AM   #5
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
:-) Thanks for the teaching lesson Garkin.
04/09/15, 09:26 AM   #6
Sasky
Originally Posted by Garkin View Post
I didn't find any way how to skip this animation. If you do any other action during the mounting, it will be aborted. It's the same as you can't skip animation (casting) for teleportation.
While actions do abort it, I've found you can just keep running on input. It sometimes looks odd and I doubt it's horse speed until you mount, but it at least saves standing around or waiting to start moving.

Originally Posted by Garkin View Post
Offtopic - I see many people using LUA instead of Lua:
Lua's Unfortunate Acronym ?
04/09/15, 12:17 PM   #7
dopiate
It's all just for curiosity.

Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
I don't think this is possible as it would change the game's code, providing you an advantage against other palyers, and thus be a kind of cheat.
I wouldn't get deeper into it if I were you, without getting the risk of "angry game masters".

If you skip the animation you would gain 1-2 seconds ahead others. Or otherwise you would stand around 1-2 seconds and then suddenly be on the back of your horse, where the animation would be the better solution then^^
I agree 100% -- I wasn't actually looking to gain an edge - just seeing if I could just "pop" on or off the horse.

I've tried different interrupting techniques but nothing seems to work.

I figure you have a set 2 second delay when you hit mount no matter what, I was just trying to see if I could skip the animation and just already be on the mount.

It was not for an edge only to see if it could be done. Hit mount and *bam* I'm mounted (but still stuck in my 2 sec delay).

It's all just for curiosity.

Thanks everyone for the replies.

Das Lua looks so nice this time of year.

-d

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » Fast Mount (skip animation)