01/28/15, 03:33 AM   #1
Harleyquincey
PTS 1.6 MiniMap by Firakin not working (illegal call of SetTopmost)

Pretty much what is in the header - the activation of this addon now prompts the error message that calling the function of "SetTopmost" is illegal, eventually resulting in that UI error everytime one enters any screen / leaves any screen (like: Inventory, Map, Crafting Stations e.g.).

So if you keep getting this error and got this add-on enabled.. it sadly is bugged currently. Hopefully it'll be fixed upon launch of 1.6 on live servers.
01/28/15, 06:56 AM   #2
Sp00sty
@Garkin answered me on the same issue another thread and said to just comment (--) it out or now on PTS.

I used Notepad++ and did that for about 4-5 addons that had it and the error stops firing. Minimap seems to work so far for me without it.
01/28/15, 08:41 AM   #3
ZOS_ChipHilseberg
ZOS Staff!
Premium Member
Yes this person is from ZeniMax!
Ah, I guess that fix didn't make the PTS build. This was a remnant of some older security related work. This will not be a problem in the live build. In the mean time you can set the top level's tier to HIGH, layer to OVERLAY, and set a high level. That should guarantee it's on top in most situations.
01/28/15, 09:58 AM   #4
Fyrakin

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
No worries, I restructured my add-on to work without SetTopMost().
01/28/15, 10:33 AM   #5
Garkin

Originally Posted by Fyrakin View Post
No worries, I restructured my add-on to work without SetTopMost().
If you are updating MiniMap for Update 6, check also tooltips. Pin tooltip creators are now sloghtly different, key "tooltip" contains numeric value (mode) instead of tooltip control.
01/28/15, 10:47 AM   #6
Fyrakin

Originally Posted by Garkin View Post
If you are updating MiniMap for Update 6, check also tooltips. Pin tooltip creators are now sloghtly different, key "tooltip" contains numeric value (mode) instead of tooltip control.
Tooltips are also updated, didn't mention that, thought it was irrelevant to OP.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » PTS 1.6 MiniMap by Firakin not working (illegal call of SetTopmost)