01/11/20, 08:04 PM   #1
Nezmin2
Question Out of Date Add On's Question

Hey Guy's,
So I Googled "Best ESO Add On's for 2019" and read through several. I installed the add on's that I felt were more fitting to me and my game play style. When I loaded them up, a couple showed "Out of Date", even though the add on database showed they weren't. So, I guess I could use some advice on:

1: Fix it

2: Is there something better now

The following add on's showed Out of Date:

Harven's Improve Skills Window
Harven's Trait and Style
Inventory Grid View
Ravalox's Quest Tracker
Spent Skill Points
Aura, Buff & Debuff Tracker
01/11/20, 08:44 PM   #2
Rhyono
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Some simply haven't been updated since the latest game update. Whether they work or not will be a toss up, but most likely would.
01/12/20, 12:17 AM   #3
Shadowfen
I've found that Ravalox's Quest Tracker has an older version of LibAddonMenu embedded in it which is known to have problems with the Elsweyr version of ESO. You may experience random errors with unrelated addons because of that.
01/12/20, 04:24 AM   #4
Maelynn
I use Ravalox's Quest Tracker myself, it works without errors for me. I stopped using Harven's Trait and Style, not because it had errors but only because another addon more or less did the same and made this addon obsolete (think it was CraftStore? not sure).

When an addon is outdated, it just means that the authour didn't update the little line of code that indicates which version of the game it's for - so every game update will instantly mark all addons as out-of-date, unless the authors can be bothered to update that one line. Usually is isn't really worth the effort, because nothing else has changed. So in most cases, the addon works just fine despite the label.

Best advice I can give you is to check the addon's comment section to see if people are reporting any issues and what these are, see if the author is still active (if not, then you could also check their other addons/comments to see if they're still active on the site) and then determine whether you want to give it a try. You can always remove it if it doesn't work the way you'd want it to.
01/12/20, 01:33 PM   #5
Shadowfen
I did not say that there was something wrong with Ravalox's Quest Tracker itself or that it would fail. The problem is much more subtle than that because it is with the out-of-date library that is embedded in it which may or may not get loaded last (of all of the versions of LibAddonMenu-2.0s that you have in your addons - at least one of which is the latest version). If the latest version of the library is loaded last, then everything works fine. If an older version (like the one included with RQT), you may notice that you cannot click on things in the game UI - like in crafting windows, inventory, or even guild pages - where there seems to be a "dead" spot you just can't click on. It doesn't necessary point to any one addon - or it may "point" to an addon that actually is not involved. What I know from experience is that when I rip out all of the out-of-date libraries that are embedded in older addons and point them to the standalone libraries that have the latest versions, these strange, untraceable problems just go away.

Edit:
LibAddonMenu-2.0 is a library addon whose version I make a point of checking when I find it because a new version of it came out for the Elsweyr release when a problem with found in PTS testing.

Last edited by Shadowfen : 01/12/20 at 01:37 PM.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » Out of Date Add On's Question