04/05/16, 04:23 PM   #1
Philos95
Game crashing when installing addons

Hello,

I'm playing since january, using Minion to install a few addons and everything went well until the last DLC.

Since the Thieves Guild DLC, I'm in trouble with my game. 80% of the time I'm trying to log to the game, my character appears in game and after 2 seconds I'm back to the login page. And it appears mostly after installing and/or activating addons.

I got in touch with the TESO support, and after a few various solutions, the tech guy said "do a new install and do not use addons anymore"...

I did try a lot of reparation, and even a new installation. It does not change anything.

Sometimes I can log in correctly, but as soon as I install an addon, even not activated, the game is crashing. Then, I delete every addon and the SavedVariables repertory, but I can not get back to the game for hours... sometimes I can play with one or two addons, but if I install a third one, the game is crashing... and then even if I clean up everything it's not working anymore for a long time...

My brother did try to play with my character from his home, and could play with a lot of addons installed and activated with NO problem...

Any idea or suggestion is welcome.

Thanks
04/06/16, 01:56 AM   #2
QuadroTony
Banned
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
its not an addon

obviously, if your brother can play

try to change ISP, or maybe try to use VPN
its smthing with your connection
04/06/16, 08:14 AM   #3
Philos95
Thanks you QuadroTony,

I have already tried a few things with my connection, like forwarding the ports, doing a /ipconfig flushdns, giving my computer a local static IP.

I can not change my ISP so easily

I will give a try to the VPN.

If it is something with the connection, what could make my game crash for hours, it is like after a crash it takes 2 or 3 hours for me to connect to the game again, and during that time, everytime I try, I go back to the login screen.

Thanks anyway.
04/06/16, 08:21 AM   #4
QuadroTony
Banned
or this thing
almost the same as VPN

https://www.wtfast.com/
04/06/16, 09:38 AM   #5
Philos95
Thanks again QuadroTony.

I have a doubt about the connection, I just installed the game on my wife's laptop. I can log all my characters with lot of addons and no problem. I did a lot of tests and everything is fine.

On my computer it is not the same story... I think the problem is from my desktop.

I have started a clean installation, after cleaning the windows registry and deleting everything from ESO, everywhere!

I will keep you posted.
04/06/16, 10:19 AM   #6
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
I only crash back to the login screen if I'm idle for too long time, or if login takes too much time.
Login time depends on activated addons and their SavedVariables somehow, especially data mining addons like HarvestMap or Inventory saving addons like MasterMerchant, GuildStore addons, InventoryInsight, MobileBank etc. take some time to load the data from the SavedVariables file.

If you disable all addons and the login will take short, you're ingame and crash back to the desktop or the login screen it might have not do with any addons but your internet connection and used proxy servers etc.

Logout, close the client and launcher.
Search for the following files and rename them or move them to other folders (backup):

C:\users\<your windows username>\document\Elder Scolls Online\SavedVariables\zos*.lua
-> * is a placeholder for any name, so just find all zos....lua filenames like zos_ingame.lua etc.

C:\users\<your windows username>\document\Elder Scolls Online\ShaderCache.cooked (or something similar)

And try to rename the following filename so your used addons are not saved, and you need to enable/disable them all again at the game's ingame addon list:
C:\users\<your windows username>\document\Elder Scolls Online\AddonPreferences.txt (or the similar name)

On the first login please disable all addons and just tyr if this works well.
Then enable each addon after another and check which one is cuasing a dump to the login screen again.
For this addon try to rename the SavedVariables filename so it won't be loaded anymore, and see if this helps!

ESOUI » General Discussion » Tech Chat » Game crashing when installing addons