08/03/23, 02:49 AM   #1
Splat
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Detect use of Group Repair Kit

Is it possible to detect the use of a group repair kit if its used by another player in a group?
08/03/23, 05:52 AM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Normally group data is not send.

The EVENT_INVENTORY_SINGLE_SLOT_UPDATE triggers with the InventoryUpdateReason INVENTORY_UPDATE_REASON_DURABILITY_CHANGE.
As there is no special update reason for the group repair kit I guess you cannot differ from a self repair by using a kit at your own char, or any group triggered one.

Maybe a group repair kit triggers any other special API.
I haven't found any though.

If all group members use the same addon you could share the "usage of a group repair kit" via https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info...oupSocket.html
08/03/23, 11:43 AM   #3
Splat
Thanks for the info, pretty much as I expected, I couldn't find anything related either. I may go down the group route.
08/03/23, 08:52 PM   #4
ZOS_DanBatson
ZOS Staff!

Yes this person is from ZeniMax!
EVENT_INVENTORY_SINGLE_SLOT_UPDATE does have "triggeredByCharacterName" and "triggeredByDisplayName" and I believe, lookig at the code, that that gets filled out when it's a group repair action with who did the triggering. Not 100% certain, but Id look at that and see if it helps.'

In theory, if that works, it would let you tell when your gear was repaired by someone in your group. It would not necessarily help you distinguish between you repairing your own gear with your own repair kits of various kinds, though.
08/04/23, 11:10 AM   #5
sinnereso
something like this might be useful to determine it wasn't you doing the repair once you get "triggeredByDisplayName" into a variable:

Code:
if "triggeredByDisplayName" ~= GetUnitDisplayName("player") then
     blah blah
end

Last edited by sinnereso : 08/04/23 at 11:16 AM.
08/04/23, 11:33 AM   #6
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
GetDisplayName() returns the accountName of the current player. No need to use GetUnitDisplayName("player")

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » Detect use of Group Repair Kit