01/05/15, 12:48 PM   #1
Leshe
Minion finding wrong folder

Apologies if this is any kind of duplicate, but googling and searching forums haven't turned up anything quite like I'm seeing.

Instead of finding my ESO folder at My Documents\Elder Scrolls Online, Minion is insisting that my doc directory is in Downloads (C:\Users\<username>\Downloads). So I don't have a C:\Users\<username>\.minion\ directory (see http://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=236), I have a C:\Users\<username>\Downloads\.minion\ directory.

Then Minion creates an entire document folder tree, C:\Users\<username>\Downloads\Documents all the way to C:\Users\<username>\Downloads\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\AddOns, and stores the addons there.

I've tried deleting this folder and the .Minion folder, but it's quite insistent .

Looking in the log, it seems that it thinks my home directory *is* my Downloads folder.

[2015-01-05 12:35:20.INFO com.zam.minion.Minion logSystemInformation * user.language=en
[2015-01-05 12:35:20.INFO com.zam.minion.Minion logSystemInformation * user.home=C:\Users\<username>\Downloads

(username replaced - will be happy to upload the whole log if helpful but would prefer not to post personal info here)

Any ideas why this would be? Any registry variables that may cause my home directory to be messed up in Java?

Thanks!
01/05/15, 01:39 PM   #2
Leshe
Additional information (just read the posting bug reports thread, sorry...):

OS = Win7/64
attaching XML file
attaching (username changed) log
01/05/15, 01:49 PM   #3
Sasky
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
It seems that Java is using this registry key to derive user.home on Win7, so you can check that:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders\Desktop

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1...ystem-property

It notes that the Java path will be messed up if you've changed the location of your desktop folder from the default. It does list a workaround to force the user.home to a correct value:

add this into the environment variables:
_JAVA_OPTIONS:-Duser.home=%HOMEDRIVE%%HOMEPATH%

or in command line:
set _JAVA_OPTIONS=-Duser.home=%HOMEDRIVE%%HOMEPATH%
01/05/15, 04:08 PM   #4
Leshe
That's it. My Desktop is in Downloads\Desktop (it isn't, really), though gods only know how. I'll look at the StackOverflow thread later. Thanks!

ESOUI » Site Forums » Minion » Minion finding wrong folder