07/11/23, 05:29 AM   #1
Makenshi
Minion 3 not populating addons or allowing me to add directory to add on folder

Hello,

As the title suggests, minion 3 just will not work for me. I have tried the troubleshooting guide and I have tried 32/64bit downloads. I have even deleted my addon folder and nothing works.

Please send help.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	minion 3 not working.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	39.7 KB
ID:	1583  
Attached Files
File Type: xml minion.xml (1.2 KB, 185 views)
File Type: log minion.log (20.0 KB, 189 views)
07/11/23, 08:00 AM   #2
Ravel
Hi,

I have the same problem. Followed the steps suggested in the troubleshooting guide (used 32 version; started as admin; deleted xml, allowed it to search once and manually choose folder).

The problem occured on the standard installation path and another. I also made sure to whitelist Minion in Windows Defender, as described https://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8952. Overall it is a fresh installation.
Attached Files
File Type: log minion.log (23.4 KB, 191 views)
File Type: xml minion.xml (1,022 Bytes, 184 views)
07/12/23, 06:13 AM   #3
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Is OneDrive enabled and especially sync of your "documents" folder in OneDrive? Disable it then as it might block access to the users/.../documents folder

For any other idea I can only assume that something blocks access to the live/AddOns + subfolders AND/OR your Minion config files (written to the same folder where you found the Minin.log and xml files).
Antivirus, Anti Malware, any oher software installed.

Try the following: Create a new windows user, and only install Minion 32bit to that user. Try if it works with that new windows user if you allow it to write/read the user's documents folder and allow minion to access that folder too.
Attention: You need to allow access to the user/THE OTHER WINDOWS USER WHERE YOUR ADDONS ARE STORED!!!/documents/elder scrolls online/live for your new created user, within Antivirus/AntiMalware.
This is just to test if any other software installed at the original user was blocking access.
07/12/23, 06:14 AM   #4
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
@Ravel:
Log says it cannot work on this addon:
Code:
C:\Users\Ravel\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\AddOns\Recharge_v2_76\Recharge_v2_76.txt
I'd remove it and try again if this fixes it.
Install the original addon Auto Recharge and use the official naming of it!
The folder name is always = the txt filename, so Recharge only, and no Recharge_version_whatever.

Last edited by Baertram : 07/12/23 at 06:17 AM.
07/13/23, 04:55 AM   #5
Ravel
Thumbs up

@Baertram

Thank you very much! I wasn't aware that a mod had to be placed in the folder for the app to work. I assumed it first need to find the path to Addon folder itself. Now it works!
07/14/23, 04:21 AM   #6
Makenshi
So Minion just randomly started working but now it keeps freezing and crashing.
07/14/23, 04:43 AM   #7
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Originally Posted by Makenshi View Post
So Minion just randomly started working but now it keeps freezing and crashing.

When does it freeze? After start?
When does it crash? After a timeout after start and freeze? What does the crash message say, or isn't there any message? How do you notice the crash then? Is the try icon gone all of sudden and process monitor does not show minion.exe running anymore?

Did you check the whitelist of antivirus, firewall, eso64.exe file (in game client folder) so it is able to update the files of the game properly, and Minion is able to read the data and it's own files in your users documents folder?
Did you check OneDrive sync, and disabled it?

Attach your "current" minion.log file (you can zip it to decrease the size if it's bigger than allowed upload size already!) so we can have a look where exactly it crashes or hangs, if the file is written properly before the crash.
07/14/23, 09:56 AM   #8
Makenshi
Apologies for my vague reply.

It freezes when it has been open for a little bit. ESO is typically running by then.
I notice it because I click on the "Find More" tab and nothing happens. The program doesn't act like another one by saying "Not responding" it just 100% freezes up. The only way I can close it is via task manager and even in TM there is no indication that it is not responding either. Minion still shows in the app tray but is unclickable.

ESO and Minion are whitelisted.
Onedrive is disabled (I don't even use it)
Attached Files
File Type: log minion.log (102.1 KB, 171 views)
07/14/23, 03:41 PM   #9
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
It freezes when it has been open for a little bit. ESO is typically running by then.
I reommand to not run ESO and only run Minion before ESO is started.
Haveing both active at the same time, and auto updating addons, can work and should work but it also got some problems if new addons got installed where new dependencies are needed (the game needs a restart then to rebuild the dependencies order etc.) or even if installed addons update their dependencies.

The log file does only tell me that it found some of your addons and then, at last start, scans the games and then it does nothing.
Sorry, I cannot help any further then with my knowledge Either any other installed software blocks Minion ( you could try with the 2nd windows user as explained in my fist answer) or your Java version somehow is making it gets tuck, or it's maybe a problem if you got WOW addons and ESO addons both activated at Minion? Try to only enable ESO.

If this does not help:
Close Minion and the Minion task in the task manager.
Rename the Minion.log and Minion.xml files.

Noe down date and time as you do the following:
Start Minion again and reconfigure it ONLY for ESO, and after choosing the game's addon directoy wait ~5 minutes then close Minion completely (not only to systray!) and restart it, and check if this fixed it.
If not: Send in the new created Minion.log file again please so we can have a look at the fresh file.
Tell us the noted date and time so we can find it in the log files.

ESOUI » Site Forums » Minion » Minion 3 not populating addons or allowing me to add directory to add on folder