04/21/20, 01:06 AM   #1
Mr.Envy

MM and ATT lua errors

Hi guys. I must ask for your help once again, I switched from BugEater to No, thank you! (wich is better btw, now I can see the errors that pops up in my Notifications, with BugEater i couldn't see them at all). Anyway, I noticed that I'm getting lots of Lua Errors from Master Merchant and Arkadius' Trade Tools... Both are up to date, don't have any dependencies either and both work as intended, I never had problems with them, and I've been using them for a while. I also want to mention that when the notifications for the lua errors come, they come hard ) For example, I just got 80+ notifications, all for MM, and the lua error message seems to be pretty much the same for all, slight differences here and there.

I'll post some of the errors I'm getting.

MM:
bad argument #2 to 'string.format' (number expected, got boolean)
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'string.format'
user:/AddOns/MasterMerchant/MasterMerchant.lua:2659: in function 'MasterMerchant.AddSellingAdvice'
|caaaaaa<Locals> rowControl = ud, result = [table:1]{purchasePricePerUnit = 2000, icon = "/esoui/art/icons/gear_snowreac...", itemUniqueId = 1.3251638408408e+15, currencyType = 1, purchasePrice = 2000, itemLink = "|H0:item:129819:363:50:0:0:0:0...", name = "Briarheart Guards", quality = 4, timeRemaining = 2362403, slotIndex = 15, sellerName = "@Mr.Envy", stackCount = 1}, sellingAdvice = ud, itemLink = "|H0:item:129819:363:50:0:0:0:0...", dealValue = 1, margin = T </Locals>|r
user:/AddOns/MasterMerchant/MasterMerchant.lua:2626: in function 'func'
EsoUI/Libraries/Globals/globalapi.lua:207: in function '(anonymous)'

ATT:
user:/AddOns/ArkadiusTradeToolsSales/ArkadiusTradeToolsSales.lua:456: attempt to index a nil value
stack traceback:
user:/AddOns/ArkadiusTradeToolsSales/ArkadiusTradeToolsSales.lua:456: in function 'ArkadiusTradeToolsSales:UpdateTemporaryVariables'
|caaaaaa<Locals> self = [table:1]{AUTHOR = "@Aldanga, @Arkadius1", VERSION = "1.5.4", displayName = "@Mr.Envy", TITLE = "Arkadius Trade Tools - Sales", serverName = "EU Megaserver", NAME = "ArkadiusTradeToolsSales"}, sale = [table:2]{taxes = 0, 1 = 25}, displayNamesLowered = [table:3]{}, guildNamesLowered = [table:4]{}, itemNamesLowered = [table:5]{}, itemSales = [table:6]{}, guildSales = [table:7]{}, itemLinkInfos = [table:8]{}, itemLink = "|H0:item:23265:30:30:0:0:0:0:0...", itemName = "cleansed water", itemType = 33, itemLevel = 30, itemCP = 0, itemTrait = 0, itemQuality = 1 </Locals>|r
user:/AddOns/ArkadiusTradeToolsSales/ArkadiusTradeToolsSales.lua:390: in function 'ArkadiusTradeToolsSales:LoadSales'
|caaaaaa<Locals> self = [table:1], t = 5, eventId = 1249510856, sale = [table:2] </Locals>|r
user:/AddOns/ArkadiusTradeToolsSales/ArkadiusTradeToolsSales.lua:257: in function 'ArkadiusTradeToolsSales:Initialize'
|caaaaaa<Locals> self = [table:1], serverName = "EU Megaserver", displayName = "@Mr.Envy" </Locals>|r
user:/AddOns/ArkadiusTradeTools/ArkadiusTradeTools.lua:100: in function 'ArkadiusTradeTools:Initialize'
|caaaaaa<Locals> self = [table:9]{TITLE = "Arkadius Trade Tools", AUTHOR = "@Aldanga, @Arkadius1", fireCallbackDepth = 0, VERSION = "1.5.4", NAME = "ArkadiusTradeTools"}, serverName = "EU Megaserver", displayName = "@Mr.Envy" </Locals>|r
user:/AddOns/ArkadiusTradeTools/ArkadiusTradeTools.lua:644: in function 'OnPlayerActivated'
|caaaaaa<Locals> eventCode = 589824 </Locals>|r

I am also getting this error wich I have no idea where it's from:
EsoUI/Libraries/Utility/ZO_Hook.lua:15: attempt to index a nil value
stack traceback:
EsoUI/Libraries/Utility/ZO_Hook.lua:15: in function 'ZO_PreHook'
|caaaaaa<Locals> existingFunctionName = "GetAutoCompletionResults", hookFunction = user:/AddOns/NoThankYou/NoThankYou.lua:1008 </Locals>|r
user:/AddOns/NoThankYou/NoThankYou.lua:1011: in function 'DoDisableChatAutoComplete'
|caaaaaa<Locals> GetAutoCompletionResults_Hook = user:/AddOns/NoThankYou/NoThankYou.lua:1008 </Locals>|r
user:/AddOns/NoThankYou/NoThankYou.lua:1016: in function 'OnPlayerActivated_DisableChatAutoComplete'

Last edited by Mr.Envy : 04/21/20 at 01:21 AM.
04/21/20, 04:38 AM   #2
sirinsidiator

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Do you have LibDebugLogger installed? If not, install it. Then play until you get the error, log out and afterwards upload and share the LibDebugLogger.lua saved variable file via sir.insidi.at/or/logviewer/. Makes it easier to find what is going wrong.
04/21/20, 06:07 AM   #3
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
I am also getting this error wich I have no idea where it's from:
EsoUI/Libraries/Utility/ZO_Hook.lua:15: attempt to index a nil value
stack traceback:
EsoUI/Libraries/Utility/ZO_Hook.lua:15: in function 'ZO_PreHook'
|caaaaaa<Locals> existingFunctionName = "GetAutoCompletionResults", hookFunction = user:/AddOns/NoThankYou/NoThankYou.lua:1008 </Locals>|r
user:/AddOns/NoThankYou/NoThankYou.lua:1011: in function 'DoDisableChatAutoComplete'
|caaaaaa<Locals> GetAutoCompletionResults_Hook = user:/AddOns/NoThankYou/NoThankYou.lua:1008 </Locals>|r
user:/AddOns/NoThankYou/NoThankYou.lua:1016: in function 'OnPlayerActivated_DisableChatAutoComplete'

Did you install any patched No Thank you version?
Try this verison please:
https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info...rrowstorm.html

If the error still happens tell the dev there in the addon comments!
04/21/20, 07:42 PM   #4
Mr.Envy

Hi Insidi, Baertram, thank you again for your interest in my problem ^^

Originally Posted by sirinsidiator View Post
Do you have LibDebugLogger installed? If not, install it. Then play until you get the error, log out and afterwards upload and share the LibDebugLogger.lua saved variable file via sir.insidi.at/or/logviewer/. Makes it easier to find what is going wrong.
I do. LibDebugLogger.lua:
https://sir.insidi.at/or/logviewer/3MfD98

Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
Did you install any patched No Thank you version?
I did not, I had the basic version installed, I updated to the Harrowstorm one now. I will let you know if anything changes.
04/22/20, 03:07 AM   #5
sirinsidiator

The NoThankYou error looks like it is due to not being up to date with the latest game version, so installing the Harrowstorm version should help.
The MM and ATT errors indicate your saved variables files are corrupt and contain invalid sales data. If the authors cannot help you with that, your only chance is to delete those files and rescan.
04/22/20, 08:22 AM   #6
Mr.Envy

I will search the addons' comments section for something similar and post a comment if I don't find anything... Deleting my savedvariables is something i avoid since it resets all my addons settings, they got reseted twice random and it was so annoying... I'm making a weekly backup since.
The No, thank you! error was fixed after updating, thank you Baertram ^^

I found this while searching MM's comments section:
Originally Posted by Red_Nine
Changing this option does not remove these UI errors.

exmaple:

bad argument #2 to 'string.format' (number expected, got boolean)
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'string.format'
user:/AddOns/MasterMerchant/MasterMerchant.lua:2659: in function 'MasterMerchant.AddSellingAdvice'
|caaaaaa<Locals> rowControl = ud, result = [table:1]{stackCount = 1, slotIndex = 5, currencyType = 1, itemLink = "|H0:item:147306:124:1:0:0:0:0:...", itemUniqueId = 2.0410175324441, name = "Style Page: Prophet's Staff", icon = "/esoui/art/icons/quest_summers...", purchasePricePerUnit = 500, quality = 5, sellerName = "@Red_Nine", timeRemaining = 2254793, purchasePrice = 500}, sellingAdvice = ud, itemLink = "|H0:item:147306:124:1:0:0:0:0:...", dealValue = 0, margin = T </Locals>|r
user:/AddOns/MasterMerchant/MasterMerchant.lua:2626: in function 'func'
EsoUI/Libraries/Globals/globalapi.lua:207: in function '(anonymous)'

==============================================================

Originally Posted by Highlor3
Originally Posted by Cdr Archangel
Originally Posted by hyperreal
Originally Posted by Highlor3
Originally Posted by T0XiiC

Does anybody know how I fix this error? I always get it whenever I open a guild store
I have the same issue.
I have this issue as well. I examined the lua files, and I've traced it to the DealCalc function call in the MasterMerchant.GetDealInfo function on line 4029 of MasterMerchant.lua. For some reason DealCalc returns a boolean value for the margin parameter.

I would fix this myself but I don't know enough about the ESOUI API or Lua.
Have the same problem as well for the last couple of days. What is strange is that the var "deal", "margin", and "profit" have the correct values while we are inside the "MasterMerchant.DealCalc" func, but when it's called in "MasterMerchant.GetDealInfo" it returns {0, true}

Edit: I managed to track this down to a single setting conflict with uesplog. We should set uespLog Options>Guild Sales Data (Beta)>Deal Display Type to "uesp" or we get that error.

I'm 3 months later for this, but I have to say, THANK YOU!!!
But sadly I have that setting already and the errors still pop up ;p
I searched both ATT and MM's comments section and several other players posted Lua Errors in the hope of finding a fix, but the only posible fix i found is the one above wich doesn't solve mine. I also posted comments, but i don't get my hopes up for a fix tbh.

Another interesting fact i just discovered: Just by opening a guild store, 25 lua errors popped up, just by scrolling down trough guild store items, that number would increase by 1 for each new item that got revealed.

Last edited by Mr.Envy : 04/22/20 at 09:51 AM.
04/22/20, 10:54 AM   #7
sirinsidiator

I've looked at the MM error a bit closer and I really don't see how this would happen with MM alone. The screenshot you posted also indicates you are using some extension for MM, so I'd guess it is due to that. Try to disable all addons that may interfere with the MM deal calculation and check if it works. Don't think you'll need to delete the data for it as the records themselves look correct.

The ATT errors may have the same origin. I don't think it would store empty records on its own, but now that they are there, it won't be easily possible to fix them. You can delete just the ArkadiusTradeToolsSalesData*.lua files and leave all others alone. That way your settings won't be lost.
04/22/20, 11:33 AM   #8
Mr.Envy

No, that is not my screenshot, that was a comment i found on MM's page. The addon in the screenshot is uespLog, someone implied that changing a setting in uespLog would fix the errors, I tried that, but it didn't help. I will try to let only MM active and see if the errors still pop up. Will come back with the result.
04/23/20, 11:07 AM   #9
Mr.Envy

Hi Insidi, sorry for the late answer, I was rather busy yesterday. So, after messing with my addons this is what I found:
1. If i let only MM and AwesomeGuildStore active, I'm not getting any errors.
2. With MM, AwesomeGuildStore and uespLog active, I'm getting all the errors as before. Once I open a guild store, around 10-25 errors pop up, depending on how many items are shown in the store, upon discovering more items, i'm getting +1 error for each item discovered.
3. With all the addons active, but uespLog disabled, I am getting just these 2 errors:

a) After opening MM main window (sales info) for the first time, the game gets laggy and takes up to a min to load all info:
user:/AddOns/MasterMerchant/MasterMerchant_UI.lua:1743: attempt to index a nil value
stack traceback:
user:/AddOns/MasterMerchant/MasterMerchant_UI.lua:1743: in function 'MasterMerchant:SwitchPriceMode'
|caaaaaa<Locals> self = [table:1]{PlayerSpecialText = "hfdkkdfunlajjamdhsiwsuwj", locale = "en", isCtrlPressed = F, isScanning = T, name = "MasterMerchant", isShiftPressed = F, totalRecords = 211799, viewMode = "self", version = "2.2.0"}, settingsToUse = [table:2]{} </Locals>|r
MasterMerchantPriceSwitchButton_Clicked:3: in function '(main chunk)'
|caaaaaa<Locals> self = ud, button = 1, ctrl = F, alt = F, shift = F, command = F </Locals>|r

b) I have no idea what this is or what is causing it... sometimes I get it on log in, other times when i open a guild store, idk...
EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_SortHeaderGroup/ZO_SortHeaderGroup.lua:329: attempt to index a nil value
stack traceback:
EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_SortHeaderGroup/ZO_SortHeaderGroup.lua:329: in function 'ZO_SortHeader_OnMouseExit'
|caaaaaa<Locals> control = ud </Locals>|r
pChatXMLAutoMsgHeadersName_MouseExit:3: in function '(main chunk)'
|caaaaaa<Locals> self = ud </Locals>|r

So without doubt uespLog is the addon causing my Lua Errors. Now... I really don't remember why i got this addon, probably for the "recipe known by" tooltip. Anyway, I guess is not a must have for other addons or anything like that, so I can get rid of it since there must be another addon that tracks the recipes/motifs, right?

Last edited by Mr.Envy : 04/23/20 at 11:27 AM.
04/23/20, 12:28 PM   #10
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info...Runeboxes.html

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » MM and ATT lua errors