11/04/20, 02:39 PM   #1
@Moulting_Deity
Set Collections Helper

Right now it's not that hard to check if you have any particular set collection filled out.

But if you port into a dungeon and you want to keep track of all the set pieces you're missing so you can ask your group to trade if they get them, it gets dicey.

It would be nice to have an add-on that:
1) Pops up a dialog when you enter some command. The dialog tells you what gear you're missing from your current dungeon or trial, or maybe wherever you are if overland.
2) Lets you copy a string that you can paste in your chat to let people know what you're missing from a given set, for each set. For instance:

"Ebon Armory: Head, Chest, Legs, Mace, Maul"
11/04/20, 03:58 PM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
WishList is an addon that was designed for that purpose before the set colelctions started.
I'm currently adding support for the set collections but this will take a bit of time.
The current beta version linked in the 1st sticky post of the WishList comments includes already "Add all traits to WishList" from the set collections item tile, so you are able to add a missing item to the list from the Reconstruct/Set Item Collection UI.

The game will inform you if someone in your group, or yourself, have dropped any of the items then. The histroy keeps track of where and when and who dropped it. You can even click the history entry to contact that person about the item.

And I plan to add features like "Remove already known from WishList" as well as if you bind an unknown item it will check your WishList and auto remove all traits of the same item there then.

But as I said; it will take some time to implement and test this.
11/04/20, 09:51 PM   #3
@Moulting_Deity
Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
WishList is an addon that was designed for that purpose before the set colelctions started.
I'm currently adding support for the set collections but this will take a bit of time.
The current beta version linked in the 1st sticky post of the WishList comments includes already "Add all traits to WishList" from the set collections item tile, so you are able to add a missing item to the list from the Reconstruct/Set Item Collection UI.

The game will inform you if someone in your group, or yourself, have dropped any of the items then. The histroy keeps track of where and when and who dropped it. You can even click the history entry to contact that person about the item.

And I plan to add features like "Remove already known from WishList" as well as if you bind an unknown item it will check your WishList and auto remove all traits of the same item there then.

But as I said; it will take some time to implement and test this.
Yeah, that already looks like a great start, I'll keep an eye on your work.

Personally, I probably wouldn't make people (especially pugs) wait around while I dig around my collections to find the sets I'm missing and add them to my Wishlist. I think the big timesaver would be adding missing pieces from the current zone/instance to the list with just a slash command. But maybe fetching that list of items is more complicated than I think it is.

I guess I could just add everything I'd ever want to collect manually before I queue instead of doing it one dungeon at a time. Seems like a lot less work for you.
11/05/20, 06:58 PM   #4
SirCyRo
I'd love to see an icon next to an item when I'm in a guild store that lets me know if it's in my stickerbook. right now, I have to see item in store, then press U to go look, then go back into the store.
11/06/20, 08:18 AM   #5
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
I think the big timesaver would be adding missing pieces from the current zone/instance to the list with just a slash command. But maybe fetching that list of items is more complicated than I think it is.
Correct, it IS somewhat complicated as there is not a list of setIds in the current zone ingame. My libraryr LibSets provides some kind of information about this but not all details is in there + needs manual updates every time -> very time consuming.

Maybe the set collection book got some API which provides this, haven't checked this yet. They at least show you the zones and the sets. Hopefully the zones shown there got an ID which is the same the API functions at the map or in a dungeon returns so one can match the zoneId AND get the missing set items via some automatism then.
Edit:
After checking the API documentation there currently is not such any API given which would map the actual zoneId to the ItemSetCollection data :-(

Last edited by Baertram : 11/06/20 at 08:22 AM.
11/07/20, 07:50 AM   #6
@Moulting_Deity
Correct, it IS somewhat complicated as there is not a list of setIds in the current zone ingame. My libraryr LibSets provides some kind of information about this but not all details is in there + needs manual updates every time -> very time consuming.

Maybe the set collection book got some API which provides this, haven't checked this yet. They at least show you the zones and the sets. Hopefully the zones shown there got an ID which is the same the API functions at the map or in a dungeon returns so one can match the zoneId AND get the missing set items via some automatism then.
Edit:
After checking the API documentation there currently is not such any API given which would map the actual zoneId to the ItemSetCollection data :-(
I think I was just overthinking this. Ultimately all I need is for any piece not currently in my collections to be added to it. Rather than try to run a command at the beginning of every dungeon to populate my wishlist, what I would do even in practice is just wishlist everything I don't yet have.

You could do this by putting an icon next the various tabs in the Set Collections menu ("Dungeons", "DLC Dungeons", etc.) that adds every unknown piece from that category to your wishlist.

(You could also have an icon to remove those pieces from your wishlist, but you'd probably want to check with the user that that wasn't a mistake because they could lose a selection that they made very carefully.)

You could hypothetically have similar buttons for smaller scopes: maybe I want every unknown piece in every base game dungeon, maybe I want just the unknowns from City of Ash, or I want every unknown piece within the Burning Spellweave set.

If not then I'll just do it manually lol.

@SirCyRo I agree, I think that's more of an Awesome Guild Store feature though.
11/07/20, 08:44 AM   #7
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Test my beta version of WishList linked in the 1st sticky comment of the addon, lower section "Beta".
https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info....html#comments
You need to manually install it as described there (watch the zip file contents -> only extract the subfolder WishList not Wishlist-master!).

I've finished adding context menus and visible markers at the Wishlist, as well as context menus at the Set item collection book headline (collapsable set name) and single pieces (set items).
It currently is able to add/remove all unknown/known items of a set. But not dependend on the curernt zone. Still working on a mapping but this will need some time, so one could add missing items directly to the WishList if you select a zone from a list e.g. -> WishList UI and/or Set item collection book's "Zone list" at the left (context menu).
There currently is no mapping between the zone name in the set item collection list and the zoneId which I'd need... So I first need to create such a mapping within LibSets.

Thanks for your feedback INSIDE THE WISHLIST addon comments, not here.

Last edited by Baertram : 11/07/20 at 08:49 AM.
11/07/20, 08:47 AM   #8
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
@SirCyRo
https://www.esoui.com/downloads/search.php
Search for "set collect" and you'll find such addons adding icons.
11/07/20, 09:22 AM   #9
@Moulting_Deity
Test my beta version of WishList linked in the 1st sticky comment of the addon, lower section "Beta".
https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info....html#comments
You need to manually install it as described there (watch the zip file contents -> only extract the subfolder WishList not Wishlist-master!).

I've finished adding context menus and visible markers at the Wishlist, as well as context menus at the Set item collection book headline (collapsable set name) and single pieces (set items).
It currently is able to add/remove all unknown/known items of a set. But not dependend on the curernt zone. Still working on a mapping but this will need some time, so one could add missing items directly to the WishList if you select a zone from a list e.g. -> WishList UI and/or Set item collection book's "Zone list" at the left (context menu).
There currently is no mapping between the zone name in the set item collection list and the zoneId which I'd need... So I first need to create such a mapping within LibSets.

Thanks for your feedback INSIDE THE WISHLIST addon comments, not here.
This is awesome, I'll give it a try today.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » Set Collections Helper