11/08/19, 04:08 PM   #1
DavidJCobb

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
[open] Gamepad UI: The refine menu's quantity spinner breaks all sideways movement

If you play with the gamepad UI and use a crafting menu to refine a single raw material in bulk, and if you get a quantity selector ("spinner") for the material, then your movement will be broken until you /reloadui. What happens is that the spinner is set to consume gamepad input (ZO_Spinner_Gamepad:SetActive), but it is never set to stop: for some reason, ESO_Dialogs["CRAFTING_CREATE_MULTIPLE_GAMEPAD"].finishedCallback fails to deactivate the spinner. As such, all sideways input on the "move" thumbstick is consumed by the spinner.

The result of this bug is that in the game world, you instantly stop moving whenever you attempt to move in any direction but near-perfect forward or backward, and when you stop moving, you hear UI sounds (specifically, spinner sounds).

I've confirmed the cause by running this line in the chatbox:

/script for k, v in pairs(DIRECTIONAL_INPUT.inputControls) do d(v:GetName()) end

When tested after triggering the glitch a single time, with all add-ons and libraries disabled, that code produced this output:

GuiRoot
ZO_GamepadDialogParaEntryListListScrollZO_GamepadMultiDeconstructSpinnerTemplate1Spinner

I can't tell whether the dialog's finish-callback never runs, or if the spinner's SetActive method fails. ZO_Spinner_Gamepad:SetActive only makes changes if the spinner's state is being changed; if something else manually sets the spinner's "active" field to false without using SetActive, then the spinner cannot be deactivated properly. I can't check whether this is the case; the gamepad being the undocumented and seemingly overengineered thing that it is, I can't even find the spinner object to inspect it.

Last edited by DavidJCobb : 11/08/19 at 04:10 PM.
11/11/19, 08:13 AM   #2
sirinsidiator

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Today's patch contained something related to this. Should be fixed I believe?

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » Bug Reports » [open] Gamepad UI: The refine menu's quantity spinner breaks all sideways movement