11/16/22, 03:30 PM   #1
Marcus Brody
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Addon in validation is downloadable and detected as dangerous

Usually when an addon is updated, downloading the new version is not possible and a popin indicating it is in validation state and options to download previous versions appear.

Today I have updated my addon and when I try to download it (to check if it was validated), the usual popin doess not show, the download starts and is blocked by my browser because it says the file is dangerous.

I have tried re uploading the file after having controlled the content and scanned it.

The file I've uploaded is 100% safe but still appear as a harmfull dowload.

What is happening?
11/16/22, 03:36 PM   #2
Marcus Brody
The problem is not with my addon

It seems the whole website has the same issue.
11/16/22, 04:48 PM   #3
Sharlikran

I don't have any way to answer your question. First I don't know how you uploaded the file. I can say the site admins did approve the file you uploaded like they would for anyone.

I was able to download the file manually and with Minion.

Whatever you are experiencing I am sorry it is happening, the site is not responsible, the admins are not responsible, and I doubt anyone will have a solution. You will need to figure out why on YOUR PC you have that issue.

Last edited by Sharlikran : 11/16/22 at 05:47 PM.
11/17/22, 04:33 AM   #4
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
As Sharlikran said it should be your PC or your browser/antivirus tools blocking the files somehow or is there an explicit message that shows that ESOUi blocks your file upload/download?

Could you show us a screenshot of the block / error message and which file/Addon you wanted to upload/download?
Does the addon's zip file contain any executable files .exe/.dmg/.dll/.bat or excel .xlsx/xlsm/xls or other executable script files?

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » Addon in validation is downloadable and detected as dangerous