11/21/22, 11:08 PM   #1
ShortTax7357
Mod that allows dynamic camera in conversations.

What I mean is, when in a conversation with an npc, the camera (fixed) changes mid conversation. Maybe, if your character is talking the camera is on them, and when the npc is talking it changes to them. Not sure if this is possible, but would be great.
11/22/22, 06:40 AM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Welcome, you seem to be another fresh registered forum user that dislikes reading before posting
Let me do the job for you (counter 951+ 1)

https://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9865
-> What addons cannot do

The forum search also provides a way to find similar requests about "camera" where, if read, you would find the similar answers too.
https://www.esoui.com/forums/search.php?

In short:
Not possible (afaik)
11/22/22, 10:31 AM   #3
ShortTax7357
Hello, I do see the rule now, so sorry. But I am curious now how there are numerous existing mods that change the camera functions during dialogue if it's cited not possible. Thanks for correction, though.
11/22/22, 11:23 AM   #4
Masteroshi430

Originally Posted by ShortTax7357 View Post
Hello, I do see the rule now, so sorry. But I am curious now how there are numerous existing mods that change the camera functions during dialogue if it's cited not possible. Thanks for correction, though.
Can you post a few links to these mods?
I'm interested in studying this if it exists.
11/22/22, 12:11 PM   #6
Sharlikran

Do either of those do what you want? The reason I ask is because I have never tried to write a mod that changes the camera. Did you read those restrictions for changing the camera mode? Maybe altering the camera position in certain ways will work for those two mods that you provided a link to. However, what you want may not be possible.

The links provided by Beartram are simply reminding you to look at those resources first before you ask. In case it's already been asked before or in case it has already been explained that the exact functionality you would like isn't possible.

I would look at those resources first instead of debate whether or not there are mods out there that change the camera. Focus on the exact functionality you want because that specific functionality may not be possible.

Then if nobody else responds with anything more constructive it's simply because nobody's ever done it and sorry, more than likely nobody knows or it's simply just not possible.

Just because some functions are available doesn't mean all aspects of changing the camera mode are possible.
11/22/22, 01:28 PM   #7
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Let me do the job for you (counter 952+ 1) (irony off).

By simply reading one of the addons description I found that they just do what the game settings allow you to do too:
Code:
camera preferred parameters: distance, field of view, and horizontal/vertical position. It overrides the regular camera settings.
It just moves the camera on the x/y axis and it does not turn the view from you to NPC or vice versa (which is something that addons cannot do afaik, but you had asked for if I understood your request correctly).

I guess the other addon does the same then: Change game settings (which you can manually change by pressing ESC key -> settings -> Camera ...) based on profiles or other triggers.

Last edited by Baertram : 11/22/22 at 01:30 PM.
11/22/22, 02:02 PM   #8
ShortTax7357
Thank you guys for the replies : )
11/24/22, 12:12 AM   #9
ThinkGreen

oh man...i was hoping and looking for the same thing..

Isnt there any .ini settings we can tweak to disable the "auto cam focus" when interacting with NPCs?
11/24/22, 02:03 AM   #10
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
No, there isn't. You can play around with your live/UserSettings.txt file if you like but logout and backup it before.
if you find any setting in there that changes the camera (and I doubt you will) more than the ingame settings can do, you can give us an update here.
11/24/22, 06:21 AM   #11
sirinsidiator

Originally Posted by ShortTax7357 View Post
What I mean is, when in a conversation with an npc, the camera (fixed) changes mid conversation. Maybe, if your character is talking the camera is on them, and when the npc is talking it changes to them. Not sure if this is possible, but would be great.
The idea of showing the character close up during conversations is certainly interesting, but I don't think there are any instances where the player actually is talking? All we have during dialogs are the answers, but once selected they are immediate with no delay to show the character.

Thinking about it, with the right timing it could be a great source for comedy though. For example an NPC mentions something odd about the character and then the camera switches to them to show it. Or the NPC is talking for a loooong time and then we see that the character is bored. Not sure if ZOS would pick up on the idea though, since it's different from how the storytelling in the ES games works.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » Mod that allows dynamic camera in conversations.