10/22/22, 03:07 PM   #1
Crabby654
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Smile Moving my addon from Discontinued & Outdated?

Heyo! So I have come back to ESO and have been updating the Combat Indicator addon. I was wondering if it's possible for me to some how move this from Discontinued & Outdated to maybe Unit Mods or Combat. Is there a specific way to go about doing this does anyone happen to know?

Thanks for any help!
10/22/22, 03:17 PM   #2
Sharlikran

Dolby or Cairenn can help with that and sorry to be a bit off topic.

I can't download the most recent version yet to check, but if you did not remove the LibStub requirements and any embedded libraries, please do so.

EDIT: I was able to download it finally

In "PL_CombatIndicator_Settings.lua"

local LAM = LibStub("LibAddonMenu-2.0")

change to

local LAM = LibAddonMenu2

Please.

Last edited by Sharlikran : 10/22/22 at 03:31 PM.
10/22/22, 07:52 PM   #3
Crabby654
Originally Posted by Sharlikran View Post
Dolby or Cairenn can help with that and sorry to be a bit off topic.

I can't download the most recent version yet to check, but if you did not remove the LibStub requirements and any embedded libraries, please do so.

EDIT: I was able to download it finally

In "PL_CombatIndicator_Settings.lua"

local LAM = LibStub("LibAddonMenu-2.0")

change to

local LAM = LibAddonMenu2

Please.
Awesome thank you for the tip. I went ahead and removed the LibStub dependency like you suggested and seems to work completely fine! Here's hoping the category can get changed
10/23/22, 03:50 AM   #4
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
You can write me a pm too, I'm also able to help with discontiued/outdated moves.

I've moved it to the category "Combat" now. If you want it to be in another main category pleae write me a PM and tell me which category you want it to be.
You can afterwards edit the addon and add it to additional categories there.

What Sharlikran already found and described can be read "describing it in general" here too:
https://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9149

Please also check the APIversion in your txt file AND most important: Check the dependencies in your txt file.
If you use LibAddonMenu please make sure your txt references the currently most up2date version via the >= <version> tag addition!

e.g. if LibAddonMenu-2.0 's txt file says
## AddOnVersion: 34

You should update your addon to require that version, which is the curerntly most up2date, too!:

## DependsOn: LibAddonMenu-2.0>=34

You assure that noone will use a very outdated version of LAM 2 e.g. version 21 where the global variable LibAddonMenu2 did not exist!!!
Tat way you also remove yourself work if users report errors that do not exist if the would update their libsand use the newest ones :-)
It was added with version 26 or something like that (see LAM changelog).

Last edited by Baertram : 10/23/22 at 03:58 AM.
10/23/22, 08:29 AM   #5
Crabby654
Perfect! Thank you so much for the help. I went ahead and did your recommendation for the dependency version requirement and it makes total sense to do that.

I have a few other smaller addons that once I get updated, I will shoot you a DM to change the categories

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » Moving my addon from Discontinued & Outdated?