11/24/22, 12:28 AM   #1
ThinkGreen

Allowed to mod texture files on client side?

Hell0,
i read a few threads and i think i know the answer but just to make sure, i wanted to ask here for a confirmation.

So, from what i understand, we cannot change the textures (Exemple: texture files for characters) through addons, but we can actually mod them, is that right? What i mean, is, is it similar to other Beth games such as Fallout and Skyrim, modding a texture file and adding the folders with the correct hierarchy in the data folder?

Thanks!
11/24/22, 01:20 AM   #2
Sharlikran

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Please refrain from asking again for clarification or confirmation. This has been asked and answered and it is point #3 in the list of what mods can and can not do.
11/24/22, 02:06 AM   #3
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Originally Posted by ThinkGreen View Post
Hell0,
i read a few threads and i think i know the answer but just to make sure, i wanted to ask here for a confirmation.

So, from what i understand, we cannot change the textures (Exemple: texture files for characters) through addons, but we can actually mod them, is that right? What i mean, is, is it similar to other Beth games such as Fallout and Skyrim, modding a texture file and adding the folders with the correct hierarchy in the data folder?

Thanks!
No, no modding/change at character, weapon, etc. models like written at the "What addons cannot do" sticky thread #3
https://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9865

Only textures at the UI can be changed and added

Last edited by Baertram : 11/24/22 at 02:08 AM.
11/24/22, 03:27 AM   #4
ThinkGreen

Originally Posted by Sharlikran View Post
Please refrain from asking again for clarification or confirmation.
Calm down, it's not a big deal to ask for a small confirmation, sheesh what forums are becoming today .. i use to moderate and administrate forums and we all use to be more helpfull and a bit less strict about some rules because after all, we are in communities to help/get help eachothers, not to play big boss :P

Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
No, no modding/change at character, weapon, etc. models like written at the "What addons cannot do" sticky thread #3
https://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9865

Only textures at the UI can be changed and added
I see thanks for the clarification mate! i actually read the entire rule post but in the point 3 i think i read to quickly and saw "visual effect" instead of "visual/effect" so i kinda tought it was only for effects.. my bad.

Just to know the possibilities, is it because its not currently possible technically, or, because it'S not allowed by Beth?

Have a good one.
11/24/22, 06:11 AM   #5
sirinsidiator

Calm down, it's not a big deal to ask for a small confirmation, sheesh what forums are becoming today .. i use to moderate and administrate forums and we all use to be more helpfull and a bit less strict about some rules because after all, we are in communities to help/get help eachothers, not to play big boss :P

I see thanks for the clarification mate! i actually read the entire rule post but in the point 3 i think i read to quickly and saw "visual effect" instead of "visual/effect" so i kinda tought it was only for effects.. my bad.

Just to know the possibilities, is it because its not currently possible technically, or, because it'S not allowed by Beth?

Have a good one.
A bit of both. With the available methods it is not possible and it's also not allowed.
Btw it's not Bethesda who is making the game, but Zenimax Online Studios. Different individual, same family.
11/24/22, 06:44 AM   #6
Sharlikran

helpfull and a bit less strict about some rules because after all, we are in communities to help/get help eachothers, not to play big boss :P
I think it's time to have an early new years resolution and take my own advice going forward. From the movie Bambi I'll just do what Thumper said.

Last edited by Sharlikran : 11/24/22 at 06:52 AM.
11/24/22, 08:05 AM   #7
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Well, if you get the same questions again and again you should know it's frustrating as ppl register to forums and tend to simply write a post and ask instead of using the search and do their homework. They even need more time to register and write the question than the search would take
The forum search would show you several threads with similar questions and the sticky posts were created to help find the answers more quickly.

But most new registered users just come here to let other do their job as they think that's what forums are for. And I personally dislike repeating myself 1000x times.

And yes: Understood, that you did the partial homework Thanks for that

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » Graphics Help » Allowed to mod texture files on client side?